NIC is currently seeking applicants for a Senior BI Developer.
Acquired by Tyler Technologies (NYSE: TYL) on April 21, 2021, NIC is a leader in digital government solutions and payments, partnering with government to deliver user-friendly digital services that make it easier and more efficient to interact with government. NIC and Tyler are united in their mission to empower public sector entities to operate more efficiently and connect more transparently with their constituents and with each other.SUMMARY
Individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. Incumbents act as internal consultants, providing technical guidance or business process expertise on the most complex projects or researching strategic planning matters from a technical or business standpoint. This position will identify causes and implement solutions to business problems in a multifunctional project, assessing and communicating issues of technology impact on the business.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with user and management to maintain and continually improve the operations, maintenance, and documentation of the system
- Performs development tasks to upgrade and maintain existing applications
- Accurately estimates project development activities
- Works in cooperation with the Manager of Enterprise Applications, leads the planning and execution of onsite development, meetings
- Responsible for initial design and development of new software or extensive software revisions
- Defines product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems/platforms
- Leads onboarding of new Developers (shadowing, training, mentoring, and support)
- Serves as Liaison across departments within the IT organization.
- Provides product knowledge to less experienced personnel
- Bachelor’s degree required, or equivalent, in area of specialty, Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7 years’ experience in the field or related area.
- Ability to guide a team of Developers through a project to completion
- Able to design and develop integrated enterprise systems
- Responsible for adding to the teams existing base of product knowledge and expertise through participation in internal or external training sessions
- Demonstrates a consistent understanding of business application design, development, installation, and refactoring
- Strong in both breadth and depth of experience with multiple relational database technologies
- Capable of complex project work while balancing application support responsibilities
- Conceptual knowledge of information technologies and methodologies in mainframe, midrange, and PC computing environments desirable; in-depth experience in one or more areas is critical.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems development in new computing architectures and environments; knowledge or relevant technology, tools, and middleware is critical
- Strong ability to accurately estimate project development activities
- Ability to identify, develop, and document business requirements, technical requirements, and functional design
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Ability to use Content Management fundamentals
- Demonstrates proficiency within their knowledge of industry specifics, including software security best practices, HIPPA, and large-scale application architectures.
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile Scrum
- Experience with designing and developing large scale reporting platforms and solutions
- Experience with Data Modeling and Data Warehousing solutions
- Familiarity or experience with Microsoft Azure’s data management and analytics offerings, such as Azure Databricks, Data Factory
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI – ability to develop, publish, and troubleshoot issues with reports
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Stock purchase plan
- Company wellness program
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement