Resource 1 is in need of a QA Manager/ Lead for a 6-month contract-for-hire for our client in the healthcare industry. They offer generous vacation time (4 weeks/year plus holidays), 401K matching and yearly bonuses, along with other benefits.
If selected candidate is local to the Chicagoland area, will be expected to be onsite in Northfield every other week starting November 1st.
This role is a Lead/ Manager position with very little hands-on testing. Even though this will not be a hands-on role, selected candidate should have a strong technical background in quality assurance/ testing and be able to build test processes, strategy and best practices. Ideal candidate would have recently transitioned from QA Lead to Manager.
- Define and implement software quality assurance standards and procedures
- Lead onshore and offshore testers to ensure testing deliverables are met
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to IS teams on QA methodologies and processes
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts and project management teams to develop, publish and implement software quality assurance plans along with appropriate KPIs
- Design and implement test strategy and develop estimates for all projects
- Provide technical leadership/supervision for the creation, design, execution, documentation and maintenance of test plans and test cases (automated and manual testing)
- Coordinate test case review sessions with business users, business analysts and development teams
- Collaborate with various IS cross functional teams to establish clear and efficient operation and communications related to overall QA processes
- Monitor adoption and adherence to established test standards, best practices and procedures
Required Experience/ Skills:
- 7+ years of software testing/QA
- 2+ years as QA Manager
- 3+ years’ experience with testing tools (i.e., TFS, Quality Center/ALM, SQL)
- Automation Test tools/development languages (Selenium, UFT, Java)
- Advanced knowledge of Quality Management and best practices regarding testing techniques, methodologies, processes, tools, artifacts and measurement
- Experience with different delivery models (on/offshore, managed services)
- Agile methodology
- Strong communication skills
- Working for larger companies with robust QA environment