Lead Data Architect Requisition 268356 Location:
Richmond, Charlotte, Baltimore, Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Boston, New York City, St. Louis, Kansas City, Dallas, Denver, Minneapolis
At the Richmond Fed, we're driven by our mission to strengthen the economy and our communities. We take great pride in what we do and it impacts everyday people every day.
When you join our team, you'll become part of a culture that welcomes differences, cares about our communities, and empowers each other to lead from where we are to make things better.
Bring your passion and we'll provide challenging and purposeful careers in a variety of fields, opportunities to grow and a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth. It's all part of what makes #MyRichmondFed a great place to work! About the Opportunity
The ERP Support Office has an immediate opening for a Lead Data Architect.
The Federal Reserve System is transitioning human resources, finance and procurement technology systems into one integrated cloud-based platform using the Workday and SAP Ariba product solutions. To support this new platform, operational support capabilities are being reorganized to be singularly focused on one goal - to deliver a world-class platform in support of the Federal Reserve's mission. As part of this effort, a new ERP Support Office (ESO) has been created to spearhead technical support of the new solution by establishing an agile team that will embrace change, drive innovation, and rapidly respond to the changing needs of stakeholders. Change of this magnitude does not happen quickly, so this transformation will occur over 18 months between 2021-2022. Positions are open within the ESO for subject matter experts to act as change agents as the transformation becomes a permanent reality.
The Lead Data Architect will play a critical role in the development, implementation and ongoing evolution of the ERP platform Data and Analytics, Data Management, and Data Delivery strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders, that supports and aligns to business priorities. All architecture aspects of the data strategy will be in this person's purview, including strategy development, architecture design, governance operating model, compliance model definition, analysis and reporting supporting data management operations.
This individual will create scalable data governance and data management best practice solutions that enable businesses to succeed with their data. This position requires a strong background in driving enterprise strategies that address business data problems, data governance needs, reduces cost and risk associated with data, and that increases data reuse and efficiency. This person will bring subject matter expertise in data governance, data issues management, metadata management, data lineage, data semantics management, and broad-scale data discovery techniques. As a lead architect offering solutions and data architecture to improve the use of data, this candidate must possess hands-on expertise in architecture, data analysis, query management, and data aggregation processes. This person must have the ability to guide business data stewards and technologists on best practices to implement a data analytics environment strategy. This person must be able to build consensus across a diverse group of business leads and data stewards, business and technology architects, designers, and developers who are geographically dispersed across the Federal Reserve Bank system. Finally, this person must be able to foster confidence in ongoing data governance and data platform strategies. What You Will Do:
- Influences and aligns with data governance strategic goals and architects data management best practices for the Federal Reserve System
- Establishes designs for data curation processes, protocols, and standards
- Responsible for Data Conceptual and Logical Data Architecture for the ERP Analytic Target Platform
- Directs technical governance committee discussions on go-forward plans for a broad-reaching data platform
- Establishes data governance protocols that ensure trusted, protected, available, and discoverable data
- Architects packaged reusable solutions that support architectural best practices
- Establishes a data loss prevention strategy, data monitoring protocols, and oversees plans for auditability across data processing streams
- Establishes architecture and design for maintenance of data retention classification as a practice
- Leads efforts to analyze business drivers to determine "pain-points" and provides technical non-functional requirements to support them
- Plans and designs transformation from current state to target state data architecture
- Designs patterns, standards, and models that govern and define the type of data collected and how it is used, stored, managed and integrated within the Fed
- Architects Target State Metadata Collection capability
- Architects Data Quality Measurement System to drive consistency
- Collaborates with enterprise, solution and other data architects to understand the opportunities for shared platforms, solutions, products and services
- Anticipate opportunities for new capabilities based on research and analysis of business strategies and roadmaps.
- Incubate and influence innovative technologies to solve complex database and data processing issues that would change the enterprise data management and contribute to business. Have experience in essential technologies, methodologies and run POC's
- Bachelor`s degree in applicable discipline, or the equivalent is required.
- Ten (10) years of data management and technical area experience in a highly complex large-scale mission critical application and business environment.
- Progressive management & leadership experience with responsibility for leading highly technical staff and cross-functional or matrixed teams within large, complex mission-critical systems with complex requirements, or the equivalent required.
- Experience designing data analytics
- Experience implementing MDM, data lake in large enterprise
- Experience implementing big data solutions using cloud technologies
- Create complex data models for OLTP, Data Warehouse, logical Data warehouse applications
- Current knowledge building data models, data layer using data federation and master data management
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, RDS, and Redshift.
- Creative in identifying ways to reduce risks to avoid project delays
The Architect must be able to offer expertise in data governance and data management, perform innovation proofs-of-concept, and draft recommendations for implementation of data management operational processes and technology solutions that embed data management best practices. This person will recommend new software products and technical solutions aimed at simplifying the data landscape, cutting the cost of managing data, and increasing our ability to manage and analyze data as a whole. The Architect must be able to collaborate with technical architects and skilled technologists across various technology teams. Though technical hands-on expertise is not necessary, this candidate must be able to confidently build strategic plans that leverage Cloud data capabilities and the latest steaming processing technologies as well as a variety of other open source technologies. This person should be conversant in several data concepts such as data storage, data movement, data analytics, and reporting technologies, examples; data lake architecture in the cloud, distributed database solutions in AWS such as Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Redshift, Kinesis, Amazon Machine Learning, Amazon Web Services Lambda, Data Pipeline, AWS Informatica, Casandra, S3, and the Relational Database Service (RDS), Search, Hadoop, Spark, message bus, batch processing techniques, SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SAS, Cloud, AWS, Azure along with data management industry best practices aligned to DAMA or EDM Council. Preferably this person will have experience with mainstream data analytic techniques and in architecting data science solutions supporting languages like R & Python and are reasonably conversed with respects to technologies and innovation such as MATLAB, MLlib, and other AI & machine leaning tools and concepts.
Leadership ability with a proven record of successfully driving change, setting priorities, driving performance, and executing plans on schedule within a defined multifaceted structure. Ability to effectively influence senior level management and key stakeholders. Good judgment, ability to manage across functional teams, influence others to accomplish set goals, and organize resources. Professional presence and excellent communication skills, including outstanding presentation and persuasion capabilities that elicit confidence and credibility. Research industry future trends to recommend supportable strategic direction and identify tactical needs. Able to translate complex concepts effectively to help stakeholders understand their data management and technological needs. Able to build consensus, build followership with business line owners, drive change and firmly advance solid solutions, while maintaining flexibility and adaptability. Good listening and observation skills, value customer input, and ability to appropriately exert influence to drive priorities and achieve results. Ability to define plans and execute roadmaps. Discover the Reason Why So Many People Love It Here!
When you join the Richmond Fed, not only will you find a challenging and purposeful career, you'll also have access to a wide range of benefits and perks that support your health and wealth, including:
Other Requirements and Considerations:
- Great medical benefits
- Pension and 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee resource networks
- Paid volunteer leave
- Flexible work options
- Onsite amenities that make working here fun
The Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond provides equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information
- Candidates should review the Bank's Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with conflict of interest rules and personal investment restrictions. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org .
- Sponsorship is not available for this role. Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures.
- Salary offered will be based on the job responsibilities and the individual's knowledge, skills, and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.