West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Lead DevOps Engineer - Akamai (Senior Manager)
Do you love building and pioneering in the technology space? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, inclusive, and iterative delivery environment? At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
We are seeking DevOps Engineers who are passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies to join our team. As a Capital One Software Engineer , you'll have the opportunity to be on the forefront of driving a major transformation within Capital One. Learn more about #lifeatcapitalone and our commitment to diversity & inclusion by jumping to slides 76-91 on our Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
Lead DevOps Engineer, Akamai (Senior Manager)
This role is for an individual contributor who is expected to solve problems in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative delivery environment. In order to meet these demands, this person must be an influential engineering leader with deep technical expertise, and a collaborative style that brings others into the decision-making process. They will significantly impact the tech agenda within their organization and devise clear roadmaps to deliver next generation software.
- Own the technical design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Development and promotion of new DevOps tools to simplify the build process and entire continuous delivery pipeline
- Work closely with our Architects, Engineers, Product Owners and Application Leads to engineer and build automated solutions
- Developing and enabling continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) capabilities for systems
- Build and maintain a Jenkins CI/CD pipeline using Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Docker, containerization, and scripting and object-oriented program languages to support the team's AWS multi-region/multi-AZ deployed production systems
- Understand complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques and technologies: Unix, Node, Java, Python, REST, microservices, AWS infrastructure.
- Have in-depth product (Akamai Ion) knowledge as well as experience and knowledge of TLS, SSL, HTTPS Protocols, DNS, Caching, Content Negotiation, Proxies / Reverse Proxies, TCP/IP Networking, Routing etc. for technical solution and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of enterprise experience with DevOps Engineering
- At least 6 years of enterprise Linux system administration experience
- At least 4 years of enterprise Public Cloud experience
- At least 3 years of enterprise Content Delivery Network (CDN) experience with Akamai
- Master's Degree
- 8+ years of enterprise experience with DevOps Engineering
- 4+ years of enterprise Content Delivery Network (CDN) experience with Akamai
- 4+ years of enterprise experience in automated delivery of code and infrastructure via the development of CI/CD pipelines
- 3+ years of enterprise experience with Containerization technologies using Kubernetes, Docker, or AWS ECS
- 2+ years of enterprise experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform or Cloud Formation Templates
- 2+ years of enterprise experience with AWS
- Certified AWS DevOps Engineer
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).