We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
and the process
of joining the State Farm team! ResponsibilitiesAs a Data Engineer you will:
QualificationsWe are looking for Candidates who have-Required Skills:
- Work closely with data scientists and business experts to develop modeling solutions for actuarial and underwriting business problems
- Building and maintaining data pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Establish business domain knowledge for State Farm data sources
- Investigate, recommend, and initiate acquisition of new data resources from internal and external data sources
- Identify critical and emerging technologies, techniques, tools, data sources, and platforms in the data engineering field, including cloud-based solutions, that support and extend quantitative analytic deployment solutions
- Experience in programming languages such as Python, SAS, R
- Experience with any opensource database such as PostgreSql, MySQL. Etc.
- Experience with developing solutions on AWS or other distributed compute platforms.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies and languages
- Critical thinking skills to challenge current thinking and apply right technology to solve problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
****Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity*****
- Experience with the Model Building Lifecycle
- Experience with CI/CD systems, preferably with GitLab, Jenkins, or AWS Code Deploy.
- Experience using deployment automation technologies, preferably Terraform
- Experience with P&C Insurance Data
Office Location: Corporate office located in Bloomington, IL, OR State Farm Hubs: Richardson, TX; Dunwoody, GA; Phoenix AZ.