THIS ROLE WILL SIT IN NYC BUT CAN BE REMOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN COME INTO NYC A FEW DAYS PER MONTH.
You will be working in the Company’s fast growing security team to better meet the needs of our customers in the global environment. As a Network Security Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our internal operations support teams, hardware, software, and cloud engineering teams to secure our product, and our cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- Define AWS cloud network security architecture, principles, standards, and guidelines to be implemented.
- Hands on experience designing, implementing and maintaining highly available and secure distributed system and the network architectures in AWS.
- Strong experience with AWS network topology and services (Multi account/VPC environments that are integrated via AWS transit gateway, Direct Connects/VPNs connecting to physical locations)
- Recommend, design, and implement network security solutions, tools, and services using cloud technologies to monitor and protect our cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure tight coupling between network security and DevOps through collaboration with engineers.
- Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging standards to network security landscape both in public clouds and private network infrastructure.
- Work closely with team members to effectively enhance, implement, and configure network security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
- Conduct incident response as part of the greater IT and security team.
- Incorporate lessons learned from incident investigations to improve monitoring, alerting, and automation capabilities.
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within cloud infrastructure.
- Supports our SVP Hosting and IT Services in additional security projects, as needed.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience with on-premise networking products (Cisco ASA, Firepower, ISE, and Palo Alto).
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience design and implement cloud network security infrastructure services in AWS, including monitoring, vulnerability management, and data protection.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in analyzing network flow logs (both NetFlow and VPC flow logs) with products such as PRTG and Plixir.
- Experience with implementation of multi-tenant cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of networking basics including routing, MPLS, VPNs,
- Strong understanding of network security including modern firewalls, IDS/IPS, network segmentation and zero trust.
- Hands-on experience working with AWS services and tools such as VPC, CloudFront, Route 53, API Gateway, Direct Connect, AWS App Mesh, AWS Cloud Map, Global Accelerator, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Lambda, CloudWatch,
- Familiar with serverless compute such as AWS Lambda and container implementations with EKS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience supporting security audits for network components with logs, evidence of change authorization etc.
- AWS Certified Security Specialist
- AWS Network Certification
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience. MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is a plus
You Deeply Identify With Core Company Values
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team