About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Position Title: Analyst IV Systems - Transportation
Position Location: Quincy, MA or Chicago, Il or Salisbury, NC
A Systems Analyst IV is an experienced IT professional dealing with the implementation, enhancement, validation and maintenance of IT application and/or infrastructure systems in support of our everyday business needs. A Systems Analyst performs the following major activities:
• Works collaboratively with partners in IT, business areas and vendors in understanding, documenting, and enhancing business requirements to create technical, and functional specifications.
• Participate in the design, build, validation, implementation and maintenance of IT application systems and/or infrastructure solutions in support of our current, and future business needs.
• Helps partner teams determine whether a solution(s) needs to be developed internally or procured from external sources.
• Helps document integration needs and design/development/solution patterns that can be reused optimally.
• Performs solution verification to ensure the solution is built in accordance with the specifications meeting business and technical requirements.
• Provides support and/or interfaces with support teams, internal or external, to ensure business and technical issues with applications and/or infrastructure are resolved timely and effectively.
• Participates/partnership with business partners and QA, in creating test plan and execution
Principle Responsibilities and Duties:
• As a key team member / leader, or working independently, technically directs and advises other professionals and is responsible for the requirements documentation of the leading-edge solution construction, testing, implementation, and system integration.
• Oversees the delivery of new and complex quality solutions in response to unique business requirements.
• Maintains a clear vision and full understanding of Ahold Delhaize and Ahold Delhaize IT overall strategies.
• Influences business partners and management, when issues are unique and difficult.
• Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, design and preparation of technolgy solutions to meet business needs
• Recommends components for solutions that will work well together across business domains, partner with domain architect or act as the domain archtiect to ensure adherence to the architectural roadmap
• Accountable for projects/applications/infrastructure meeting business needs are delivered in a timely, cost effective manner considering all budget aspects including total cost of ownership.
• Ensures project artifacts are developed as required, this includes working with support organizations and suppliers to ensure proper documentation is created and stored in the procedure's manual or document repository.
• Fosters and engages in teamwork at the management and technical levels.
• This position requires working knowledge of multiple platforms, processes or architectures.
• Coach and/or Mentor Solutions entry level team members, as planned in Individual Development Plans.
Requirements Basic Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 8 - 10 years experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Oral and/or written communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Ability to influence leadesrhip
• Attention to detail
• Solid understanding of Supply Chain processes
• Time management
• Critical thinking
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Skilled in converting business requirements into functional and technical designs
• Proven history of on time delivery, in budget and quality delivery of small to medium projects
• Supply chain experienced with logistics and transportation systems
• Software experienced with Manhattan TMS both inbound and outbound functions preferred but not required
• Experience with business functions for dispatch, driver pay, yard management, driver logs & compliance, and other enterprise asset transportation management tools
• Experienced in business requirement documentation, requirement tracing to testing, and user acceptance criteria definition
• Develops and maintain high quality software products supporting the organizations standards.
• Ability to manage own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive timelines and budgets
• Experience of SDLC methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall