Please review the job details below.
Maxar is looking for an Associate Data Handling Software Test Engineer to join our team in San Jose, CA. In this role you will work with Systems Engineers and Software developers to verify flight software embedded on commercial and civil satellites performing missions involving communication, earth observation and lunar gateway activities.Life with Us
Your Project: As a member of a team of Software Test Engineers, you will be working with requirements, developing domain knowledge, test plans, test procedures and executing tests in an environment utilizing software and hybrid testbeds.
Your Career: We're very serious about professional development and continuing education at Maxar. We offer our team members with the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has amazing resources to support learning and development. You will work with your supervisor, or a mentor, to set goals and design a development plan to advance your career.
What We Offer: Time for dedicated professional development, conference attendance, corporate partner and industry training, peer group collaboration, hackathons, as well as paid certifications, education reimbursement and student loan forgiveness.
What you'll do day-to-day (with your colleagues):
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Develop domain knowledge on Data Handling(DH) software associated with satellite command, telemetry, power management, thermal, fault detection, mechanism and payload subsystems.
- Develop test plan derived from software requirements.
- Compile test bed requirements to support test plan.
- Support development and validation of test beds.
- Create test procedures - automated and manual if required.
- Perform tests.
- Analyze test data and create test reports.
These skills would be amazing:
- or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, aerospace/controls engineering, physics or related field. 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Experience with one or more of the DHS subsystems listed above.
- 2 years of experience with software testing.
- Python and/or Java skills.
- DOORS skills.
- Experience with CMMI process.
- Experience with interfacing electrical hardware.