Job DescriptionChampion best demonstrated practice and lead by example in implementation of existing and new PMO processes and procedures. Proactively identify areas for change in the PMO processes and work to lead and effect change.
1. Facilitate and coordinate the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and processes, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
2. Engage with and conduct portfolio reviews with senior management, stakeholder committees, and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
3. Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
4. Support and advice executives on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services.
5. Perform regular project portfolio health checks and organizational project management maturity assessments and lead reviews of any significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provide recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
6. Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around respective project portfolios; direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts.
7. Foster innovation and increase business agility by embracing agile delivery approaches
8. Work with project teams to manage/oversee the full range of the project life cycle for projects covering a portfolio of projects which focus on the business needs of a specific business line(s) or strategy.
9. Identify staffing, ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across project and program teams within the project portfolio.
10. Manage or coach the project manager for individual projects within a selected portfolio which vary in complexity from inception to conclusion. Ensure assigned projects have clear alignment to strategic organizational priorities. Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies to ensure that projects are delivered to scope, on time and within budget.
12. Mentor team members on project management best practices, project management ethics and professional conduct, and approaches to drive high performing teams. In liaison with PMO Director, support the delivery of training and learning exercises for the PMO team and team members with regards PMO processes and best practices.