Description Job Description:
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges
that affect the world? Then Leidos is the place for you!
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations.
The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Leidos has an immediate need for Automation Engineer to join our CBP Team. The ideal SOAR Developer is someone who is process driven, efficient, and strives to remove tedium from daily workflows. The SOAR Developer will:
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
- Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Have expert proficiency with Python
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Authored SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPN and Web Proxies
The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 5 years of prior relevant experience with a focus on Cyber security or Masters with 4 years of prior relevant experience.
Should have 2 years of experience serving as a SOC Analyst or Incident Responder
Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
Must have one of the following certifications:
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
GCIH - Incident Handler
GCED - Enterprise Defender
GMON - Continuous Monitoring Certification
CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security
CEH - Certified Ethical HackerExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.