AWS Cloud Architect
Location: Denver, CO
Duration Long Term
· We are currently seeking an AWS Cloud Architect/ Senior Cloud Engineer, who enjoys data and building data storage platforms from the ground up using micro-services architecture.
· The ideal candidate has a passion for data analysis, technology and helping people leverage the technology to transform their business processes and analytics. You will draw on all the skills in your toolkit to analyze, design, and develop data storage and data analytic solutions using data lake patterns that help our customers run more effective operations and make better business decisions.
Strategy Development and Implementation
· Build cloud native data platforms and capabilities that enable data analytics, reporting, model developments and machine learning
· Manage and enhance cloud native data lakes and Data Warehouse platforms.
· Collaborate with teams and leadership within IT and with business partners to advance our technical capabilities and provide data solutions that drive business results
· Create Proof of Concepts (POCs) to illustrate how cutting-edge technologies can be incorporated and enhance Client's technology offerings
· Build and Test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning
· Manage CI/CD Tools within the Team
· Follow the DevOps standard methodologies established by platform team
· Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
Operations and Technology
· Heavy experience in design, implementation and migration to AWS
· Heavy understanding of Automation and CloudFormation
· Demonstrates experience with software development languages, tools and methodologies
· Demonstrates experience presenting technical material to both technical and non-technical clients
Skills and Qualifications
· Strong consultation and communication skills
· Ability multitask and prioritize to manage time efficiently
· Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
· Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
· Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
· More than 3 years of Systems Administration Experience (preferably in an enterprise or service provider environment)
· 3-5 years of experience in a troubleshooting role
· At least 5 years of experience in Python
· A solid grasp of networking fundamentals, preferably including hands-on experience with load balancers
· Prior experience with VMware and/or other virtualization platforms
· Demonstrated proficiency in Linux
· Demonstrated proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, C, C++, Java or Ruby
· Deep understanding of scalable computing systems
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology
· Handle Escalated customer-facing issues as needed
· Solid expertise in CloudFormation And Terraform
· Experience in building and deploying applications in AWS (EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, ELB, Lambda, etc.)
· Knowledge on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) and distributed processing techniques such as Map-Reduce
· Experience with Columnar databases like Snowflake
· Experience with cloud computing and storage services
· BS degree or equivalent work experience
The place for Digital IT innovators, new talent is always welcome to join our family.
Join a company that appreciates your energy, drive, and enthusiasm just as much as your skills. Aside from our competitive salaries and benefits package, what's even better it’s our caring culture that defines who we are and why you’ll want to become part of our family.
Career first, company second
We want you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. That’s why we invest in the education of our team members, regardless of whether they stay with us or not.
It’s in our nature to care
Giving back to the community is part of our caring culture. This includes building entire villages and schools from the ground up as part of our TELUS Days of Giving. We believe in helping our team members make meaningful social change in their own backyards.
Join our caring culture
If you’re looking for a great career and a place to shine, join the TELUS International family.