Vicom Computer Services is seeking a AWS CloudOpS Engineer for contract to hire opportunity with one of our major clients in Newark, NJ.
The AWS Cloud Ops Engineer will have experience in Amazon Web Services operations and support. This individual will have experience maintaining the AWS environment and troubleshooting issues and understand the LAMP stack. The ideal candidate will have experience with automation, specifically Jenkins, Ansible and Python.
- Maintain AWS cloud infrastructure in optimal configuration from both technical and budgetary perspectives.
- Makes effective use of CloudWatch to monitor EC2 performance and setup trigger based alerts.
- Reference EC2 security groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues between EC2 instances and other Horizon and AWS resources.
- Provision EC2 instances end-to-end. This requires knowledge of instance families, EBS, VPC, security groups, and tags.
- Make appropriate use of AWS operational best practices in areas such as security, storage, resource management, backup and recovery, and networking.
- Identify issues and inconsistencies through the AWS console and proactively work to correct them.
- A working understanding of AWS sizing and pricing regarding AWS compute, storage, and database services.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with AWS environment, operations and automation.
- AWS certification required, AWS Certified Solutions Architect (associate or pro)
- Must be strong with AWS, LAMP stack and automation
- S3, EC2, etc.
- Work in DevOps environment.
- Automation experience with Jenkins or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile environment Desired Skills & Experience
- Containerization experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Ability to identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
- Some experience with Linux command-line and JSON (as it applies to AWS policies).