LEAD BUSINESS ARCHITECT
ALTA IT Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of System One, a leading provider of specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. ALTA is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, for both government and commercial enterprises across the United States, specializing in Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, Data & Advanced Analytics, and Agile Transformation Services. We’re currently staffing contract to hire opening for a Lead Business Architect to support a leading Reston, VA -based health insurance customer. Work is being conducted remotely during COVID safety measures, with the expectation of return to a partial onsite / partial remote model in Reston VA once pandemic conditions have passed. As a Lead Business Architect, the selected candidate will apply their analytical, communications and creative skills to help stakeholders understand their business area, diagnose pain points, identify opportunities, and visualize future business operations. They'll partner with business leaders, product teams, and enterprise architects to ensure that transformation initiatives are driven by business needs, priorities, and vision. They'll use elements of the Business Architecture Guild's BIZBOK framework business capability, ecosystem, and value stream models; strategy and information maps along with operational scenarios and business process models to "tell stories, “Paint pictures, and leverage data to inform / influence business strategy and investment decisions.
- Architecture Development Prepare business architecture artifacts depicting current, target, and interim states of business operations. Use current state artifacts to identify and analyze pain points and opportunities. Ensure alignment with strategies / objectives and across architecture domains. Support the publishing and maintenance of work products in the architecture repository, ensuring that they are organized, accurate, and accessible.
- Portfolio Planning Provide input to project, product, and enterprise technology roadmaps. Assess new / proposed projects for business architecture impacts in support of annual planning, resource estimation, and alignment with IT strategy and enterprise architecture.
- Governance Support peer reviews and represent business architecture in briefings to the Architecture Review Board. Represent business architecture in the drafting of RFIs/RFPs and in the evaluation / scoring of vendor proposals.
- Practice Development Support the extension and enhancement of business architecture approaches, methods, templates, and engagement models. Research emerging architecture trends to determine their relevancy and fit for the organization. Ensure the alignment / integration of architecture processes / deliverables with those of other architecture domains and SDLC disciplines. Support development of architecture communications / education materiel for use with stakeholders and architecture / SDLC partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to motivate and influence others so that project objectives are met in a timely manner. Expert
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders to develop high quality solutions. Expert
- Ability to coach, delegate, and develop architects and engineers. Expert
- Ability to managing cross-domain architecture solutions and issues. Expert
- Expertise with domain related architecture frameworks, methods and tools. Expert
- Effective organizational, interpersonal/relationship management, analytical, communications (written and verbal) and collaboration. Expert
- 8-11 years of experience in business architecture, business transformation, and/or related disciplines.
- Business Architecture certification (Business Architecture Guild or similar) [Preferred, not required].
- Experience using architecture modeling tools (Orbus iServer or similar) [Preferred, not required].
HOURLY RATE: $100/hr. range. Benefits available
CONVERSION SALARY: $165,000 annually, plus bonus plan and benefits. For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via email@example.com
ALTA IT Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.