Our client is an online higher education and student resource platform that is used by thousands of university students. This company is based in Santa Clara and is hiring a Data Scientist/Analyst to join their analytics team. Your main responsibility in this role is to use data to make company decisions that will foster their overall growth and drive their business.
As a Data Scientist/Analyst on this team you will use your knowledge of web analytic tools, and SQL, Python or R to analyze large sets of statistical, series, cluster and multivariate data. Additionally, this is going to be a remote position when starting, but in the future, they're expecting candidates local to the Bay Area for future office requirements. If this role is suited for you, keep on reading! Daily Responsibilities
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understand key drivers of performance and provide ongoing analysis to help predict business performance and metrics
- Collaborate with other analytics teams to identify areas of growth needed within the company
- Work with marketing, product, and engineering to design and launch initiatives for better product growth and performances
- Ensure the right forecast models and analytics are in place
- Develop analytical templates, models, and dashboards that are scalable using visualization tools (eg. Tableau or Domo)
- Present findings and recommendations to a wide audience
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. Motion Recruitment network provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field or related (eg. Engineer, Marketing, Economics, Science, etc,)
- 3 or more years of marketing analytics or company insight analysis
- SQL, R, Python experience for data analysis, modeling, and visualization needs
- Knowledge of statistics utilizing one of these: time series analysis, cluster analysis, or multivariate analysis
- Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics experience
- Experience producing and communicating high-quality data deliverables