A client in the Brentwood, Tennessee area is seeking an Infrastructure Administrator for a permanent position.
This position has a hybrid work schedule, 2 days on-site and 3 days remote each week.
This individual will work as a part of a team that manages a variety of analytical and technical assignments that provide problem diagnosis and solutions documentation, implementation, administration, support, and maintenance of a variety of hardware, software, and network products to ensure a stable and reliable operation of infrastructure services. This will include providing operational support for existing unified communications infrastructure services and users and the development and deployment of new services including Cisco Networking Hardware, Operating Systems, Active Directory, Virtualization, and Storage. This team is responsible for technology stability/upgrades, patch management, critical patch updates, system configuration, and security programs.
As a part of this team, the Administrator will share responsibility for the following:
• Design, implement, support, monitor, and maintain a data center and other site infrastructure and services, including server and storage hardware, LAN and WAN services, telephony services, etc.
• Develop operational, installation, configuration, and upgrade documentation for communication systems, hardware, network, security, storage, software, and other computer related systems
• Evaluating infrastructure services, equipment, and software for purchase
• Recommending new configurations and providing training for end users
• Making recommendations for systems development and upgrades to existing systems
• Communicating expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
• Providing onsite or remote access diagnostics and resolutions of computer hardware and software problems
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
• Participating in major infrastructure projects
• 2+ years of related work experience and progressive experience in IT Infrastructure
• Proven analytical, problem-solving, and mathematical skills
• Working and hands-on knowledge and experience in one or more of the following:
- Cisco Unified Computing System infrastructure using VMWare
- Networking including WAN, firewalls, Enterprise switching/routing/wireless, branch office, VPN, and load balancers
- Storage Area Network (SAN) including Fiber, ISCSI
- Microsoft Server, Active Directory, SQL Server database and messaging
- Cloud technologies such as Office 365, Azure, Amazon Web Services or similar
- Citrix virtual applications and desktop management
- Information Security (SIEM, IPS/IDS, Nessus, etc.)
• Design and implementation best practices
• Ability to support daily operations to monitor, report, troubleshoot for capacity and performance
• Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex mission critical environment
• Technical knowledge of scripting languages for operational and technical support
• Passion to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment and a strong desire to grow and expand your knowledge base
• Pro-active and have initiative and ability to reach out to ensure tasks and deliverables are met and risk and mitigation strategies are uncovered
• Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Computer Information Systems or Science
• 7 year Background Check
• Drug Screening
Alltech, Inc. is a leading provider of IT staffing services in Nashville and the surrounding areas. We do contract (Salaried, W-2, 1099 or Corp-to-Corp), contract-to-hire and direct placements within the Information Technology field. Alltech, Inc. offers a full line of company-paid benefits to our salaried and W-2 employees. Our 1099 subcontractors have a full line of benefits available to them through our partnership with Benefit Consultants, Inc.
If you are considering relocation, the Nashville area is nationally respected as a great place to live, work and play. Nashville is proud to be the home of the Tennessee Titans, Nashville Predators and Nashville Sounds. Some of Nashville's living advantages include:
-- low cost of living (including NO state income tax)
-- international airport
-- unique, affordable residential areas
-- abundant parks, waterways and recreational areas
-- lively cultural base
-- diverse economic base
-- seasonal climate
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
No third party recruiters/agencies.