Description Job Description:
Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.JOB SUMMARY
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Family of Systems (FoS) which includes DCGS-N INC 1 Block 1, DCGS-N INC 1 Block 2, the DCGS-N Enterprise Node (DEN), the Joint Concentrator Architecture (JCA) and the Intelligence Carry On Program (ICOP) and systems in development. DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be a major contributor to intelligence software integration, system design, procedure development, and software testing in PMW-120's System Engineering Division.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of virtualization and n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to develop, update, and follow detailed installation procedures.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future DCGS-N system builds.
- Perform analysis on systems to document all functions and define interfaces for integration, testing and quality assurance.
- Provide solutions based on system requirements and work with multiple teams to develop solutions to technical issues that arise.
- Work with senior team members and develop junior team members to implement the design process and develop the procedures for updates.
- Defining DCGS-N baselines and versioning; initiating and conducting studies that examine upgrades and changes to the DCGS-N system; initiating and conducting Enterprise Change Requests (ECRs) documenting a needed change to the system; and providing support to the testing and life cycle activities required to sustain the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 25% including internationally and underway periods onboard U.S. Navy ships.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8570.1M compliance: CompTIA Security+ or higher and certification/accreditation in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Experience/training with VMware and virtualization
- Experience/training in a mixed-server environment composed of Windows Server, RHEL, and Cisco hardware, software, and virtual machines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled and diverse individuals
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance
- Active TS clearance with current SSBI for access SCI information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Dell/EMC storage devices, NetApp Storage devices, and Oracle Sparc servers
- Experience/certifications in Solaris 10/11, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016/2019, RHEL, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), Hyper-V, Cisco IOS
- Experience with WSUS, YUM, and SolarWinds enterprise configuration
- TCP/IP networking experience including ports, firewalls, access control lists
- Powershell and bash scripting experience
- Previous sysadmin experience in a COMPOSE or CANES Environment
- Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance or Distributed Common Ground Station background.
- Basic Intelligence Operations experience (IPL/iSToRE, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems)