Requisition Number: 6606Required Travel: 0 - 10%Employment Type: Full Time/Salaried/ExemptHours Per Week: 40Security Clearance: SecretLevel of Experience: MidJob Description
Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries is seeking a Network Administrator responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on the Navy Enterprise Tactical Training Network (NETTN). The candidate will support the operation and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. This position will be in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC). The NOSC functions as the helpdesk for network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment and circuits
- Experience in monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting ASA firewall ACLs
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues at the protocol/packet level using sniffers, protocol analyzers, NetFlow, logging, etc.
- Technical network troubleshooting and critical thinking skills with the ability to troubleshoot technical issues within multiple systems
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CIDR), switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networking fundamentals, OSI model, and frame/packet structure
- Experience in a network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution
- Experience with Department of Defense Security Technical Implementation Guidelines
- Experience with network and performance monitoring tools (SolarWinds, etc.)
- Experience in network security technologies including firewalls, VRFs, and port-security/802.1x
- Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager
- Experience with NSA Type 1 cryptographic devices and keymat particularly KG-175D and KG-75
- Must be willing to work periodic shifted schedules include evening, night, and weekend
- Maintains smooth operation of local area, world wide and virtual private networks (VPN). Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
- Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
- Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
- May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.
- 5 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field OR
- 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field OR
- 0 years experience with PhD or Juris Doctorate in related field OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience
- Must currently hold and be able to maintain a US Secret security clearance
- Security+ or equivalent certification required
- CCNA Certification or equivalent strongly preferred
Job Performance will normally require only minor lifting and carrying of boxes of records or equipment.
This opportunity resides with Live, Virtual, Constructive Solutions
, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. As a trusted partner to our military customers, we design, develop and operate systems that bring together service members from across the globe to help you train like you fight, because we understand that preparation requires full coordination-not readiness in piece parts.HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: hii.com.Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.