VariQ is in search of an O&M Lead
to oversee all engineering support services to ensure continued operation of existing and future deployed systems for a very large Government program with a wide range of applications and technologies deployed to assist Federal employees in the field.Additional Information:
- Location: Ashburn, VA with some travel outside of the Washington, DC area
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: An existing Public Trust or other agency clearance (e.g. DoD)
- Availability: upon award, currently in the proposal stage
- Monitor deployed production systems and develop a report with example crossings, a technical write-up of specifications, and charts/graphs to show that the device/system is meeting Government requirements and SLAs.
- Manage the inventory system, number and types of spare units, and stock level of spare parts, units, components, and expendable material, sufficient to ensure meeting SLAs.
- Coordinate corrective action with the Level I Help Desk and with the Field Support Directorate. Interface with the cloud infrastructure and support migration of applications and storage of data in the provided cloud infrastructure.
- Lead a U.S.-based Tier II and III helpdesk (24x7 telephonic) and on-call maintenance support to respond to corrective maintenance issues.
- Lead a software maintenance team to resolve any software defects.
- Direct appropriate actions to resolve outages, either remotely or by dispatching field maintenance technicians. Provide resolution findings back to the Government.
- Manage and maintain indoor test lane facilities to develop, test, and validate new systems and any configuration changes to the projects associated with the operational areas. Use the facilities to monitor and maintain deployed systems.
- Develop and deliver an Integrated Logistics Support Plan (ILSP), which outlines the necessary logistics support for all deployed systems. The ILSP shall identify the necessary logistics support to ensure that all work is done in the most efficient manner.
- Provide a System Maintenance Plan detailing the policies and procedures for scheduled, preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance response, including quality control measures and verification standards for Government acceptance of completed maintenance.
- Implement and maintain Information Technology (IT) physical and data security requirements, measures, and controls in accordance with DHS 4300A, HB-1400-05D, NIST SP 800-53 R4, and NIST SP 800-171 R2, such that protection encompasses both physical security and cybersecurity requirements for CBP systems and data to prevent unauthorized access, exposure, or compromise. Maintaining increased security requirements and oversight on contracts that include information technology where contractor / vendor access to physical and digital Government data, including sensitive PII, is required.
- Develop, provide, and maintain an Operators/FTO Training Manual for each specific existing and newly developed systems, which contains an overview of the system, step-by-step procedures for all normal and emergency procedures, including identifying minor maintenance actions and adjustments, and recommend procedures for each adjustment.
Education and Certifications:
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and integrated hardware/software systems
- Knowledge of industry/government best practices
- US Citizenship
- Ability to pass a CBP Full Background Investigation
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- An existing Public Trust or other agency clearance (e.g., DoD)
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.