Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Washington, DC / Wilmington, DE / Atlanta, GA / Philadelphia, PA
Duration: Long Term
The Project Manager - Senior is a member of the Project Management Office (PMO) managing a wide variety of technology and other programs and projects within the Information Technology department for technology projects across the entire Amtrak corporation such as the Marketing and Train Operations departments. The Project Manager follows the best practices and utilizes Project Management tools, methodologies and processes to successfully keep projects on budget and schedule through to full implementation and rollout of all hardware and software. These are large, complex programs and projects involving multiple departments at Amtrak as well as different outside vendors and sub vendors depending upon the program/project. The Project Manager utilizes formal project management monitoring and control processes including, but not limited to, managing the project schedule, tracking and mitigating project risks and issues, formal change management, configuration management, quality assurance processes, budget preparation, tracking and reporting.
- Directs technical leads and other project team members and consultants/contractors.
- Development and maintenance of all required project documents including 1) A Project Charter 2) A Project Management Plan 3) Requirements documents 4) Design documents 5) Input to architecture documents 6) Test Plan 7) Test results 8) Implementation Plans 9) Post Implementation and Lessons Learned 10) Project schedules and budgets 11) Resource management plans
- Produces weekly program status reports for each program.
- Hold project status and other meetings as necessary.
- Manages the project schedule via the use of MS Enterprise Project Management (EPM) and MS Project Professional 2010.
- Reports schedule and budget variances
- Creates and maintains SharePoint project site for each project within the EPM system.
- Ensure there are quality and well-maintained project schedules, baselines and estimates to complete program/project and report variances.
- Reports on risks and provides ongoing risk management plan, risk assessment and mitigation within a program/project.
- Reports on ongoing issues and changes utilizing existing processes and templates and publishing reports within a program/project.
- Creates and publishes weekly status report of activities, accomplishments, issues and action to resolve issues.
- Identifies and ensures all activities required to successfully meet the operational readiness review are completed on time.
- May create a Statement of Work (SOW) for the Request for Proposal (RFP) and associated vendor response evaluation. Verify the creation of all documents from vendors as outlined in the SOW or creation of new ones as required.
- Provides a SOW for ongoing support services as necessary.
- Evaluates criteria for product and proposal analysis.
- Deliver programs and projects on schedule and on budget
- Present projects at the Quality Gates
- Present projects at the Portfolio Review sessions
- Bachelors’ degree in Project Management, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Information Systems or an equivalent combination of work experience, training and education.
- At least ten years’ experience and significant hands-on Program and Project management experience from project initiation to implementation using formal project management methodologies and processes.
- At least ten years’ experience and significant experience in technology management, analysis and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders with evidence of willingness and ability to express and protect departmental interests.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated effective communicator and writer, able to tailor message to receiving audience.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Project Office Professional and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with project management tools such as MS Project Server (EPM), Primavera, etc.
- At least five years’ experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Project Server (EPM), etc.
- PMP Certified
About IDEXCEL, INC:
Idexcel is an IT services organization, with a mission to bring great people and great organizations together. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology, telecom, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, banking & financial services, food & commodities trading and federal organizations. Our teams of experienced recruiters directly work with client companies seeking exceptional people to help with their business initiatives.
Idexcel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.