I'm currently working with a client that is a leading independent publisher of educational and psychological assessments in the West LA area. They've been around for over 70 years and have built themselves a global reputation of being assessment experts in the areas of autism, speech and language, school and clinical psychology, and occupational therapy. They publish these educational and psychological assessments online that allow helping professionals accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need. They are currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team and focus on AWS and its services, as well as IaC with Terraform/Cloudformation and CI/CD pipelines with Github/Jenkins. The role will also involve containerization with Docker and Kubernetes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge about Database/NoSQL DB hosting fundamentals (RDS multi-AZ, DynamoDB, MongoDB and such)
- Knowledge on different storage platforms on AWS (EBS, EFS, FSx) - mounting persistent volumes with Docker Containers
- In-depth knowledge on Security principles on AWS (WAF, DDoS, Security Groups, NACL's, IAM groups and SSO)
- Knowledge on CI/CD platforms is required (Jenkins, GitHub actions, etc.) - Migration of AWS Code pipelines to GitHub actions
- Knowledge on vast variety on AWS services (SNS, SES, SQS, Athena, Kinesis, S3, ECS, EKS etc.) is required
- Experience on Infrastructure as Code tool is required, CloudFormation and Terraform
- Setting CloudWatch Alarms and SMS/Email Slack alerts.
- Some Knowledge on configuring any kind of monitoring tool such as Prometheus, Dynatrace etc. (We currently use Datadog, CloudWatch)
- Experience with any CDN provider configurations (Cloudflare, Fastly or CloudFront)
- Experience with either Python or Go scripting language.
- Experience with Git branching strategy
- Containers hosting Experience on both Windows and Linux (Docker, Kubernetes)
- s only - no sponsorship
Desired Skills & Experience
- Integration experience with Code Quality tools (SonarQube, NetSparker) with CI/CD
- CDN's other than CloudFront (Cloudflare, Fastly)
- Collaboration with multiple teams
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150-160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.