INFICON is a leading provider of innovative instrumentation, critical sensor technologies, and Smart Manufacturing/Industry 4.0 software solutions that enhance productivity and quality of tools, processes, and complete factories. These analysis, measurement and control products are essential for gas leak detection in air conditioning/refrigeration and automotive manufacturing. They are vital to equipment manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells and industrial vacuum coating applications. Other users of our vacuum-based processes include the life sciences, research, aerospace, packaging, heat treatment, laser cutting and many other industrial processes. We also leverage our expertise in vacuum technology to provide unique, toxic chemical analysis products for emergency response, security, and environmental health and safety. JOB DESCRIPTION:
In this position you will design, implement, and maintain Linux and Windows software solutions for leading-edge scientific and industrial instruments. You will immediately be integrated into multidisciplinary engineering teams that work with a wide range of technologies including FPGAs, electronic sensors and chemical analysis. You will solve difficult technical problems and focus on developing great code for multiple new products. Responsibilities
- Design, develop, and maintain Linux and Windows based software for innovative scientific and industrial instruments
- Use Agile development processes to contribute via daily scrums, design/task planning, and code reviews
- Code in C++, C, Python and various web technologies.
- Build, test, and tune Linux application software and system services
- Design and run laboratory and field tests to validate and troubleshoot software
- Stay up to date on state of the art software technologies
- Contribute to design and code reviews
- Bachelors of Science (BS) in computer science, computer engineering, or software engineering.
- 1-3 years work experience with C/C++
- Experience developing with Python, Git, Bash, and RESTful APIs
- Experience working on Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with embedded software development and ARM processors
- Masters of Science (MS) in computer science or engineering
- Configuration, administration, security, and deployment of Linux servers (DevOps)
- Continuous integration, test automation, release management
INFICON provides a dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees experience on going green initiatives, flexible work hours, and a variety of health and wellness programs.
INFICON's forward thinking approach offers countless opportunities to design, support, and manufacture a diverse product portfolio that expands globally. Our Lean and Agile work environment offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance, a discretionary bonus and generous employee benefits; major medical, dental, health, vision, 401K, PTO, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)