Our government client is looking for an experienced Microsoft SQL Server DBA on a 12+ months’ renewable contract opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
This is reopen position.
Position: Microsoft SQL Server DBA
The DBA Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
• Provide operational support of databases from development to mission-critical production implementations in On-Prem and AWS Cloud environments. Coordinate, design, and configure database structures and communication links across multiple database platforms to ensure high availability and minimal downtime.
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution database-related incidents and requests.
• Implement database performance metrics measurements to track and analyze database growth.
• Monitor the database (performance, memory, CPU) and assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement to increase efficiency in all systems.
• Analyze existing systems and make recommendations on which technology best suits the business requirement for high availability, disaster recovery and/or high performance.
• Perform switchover and failover activities.
• Plan and implement homogeneous/heterogeneous migrations of databases from On-prem to AWS EC2.
• Create and manage policies for S3 buckets.
• Analyze archive requirements and implement data archival processes.
• Define backup and recovery strategies using Idera SQLSafe or Native SQL Server Backup/recovery.
• Perform Full database/PTR recoveries per application requirements.
• Work with respective Application owners/developers to ensure proper database security standards are being followed.
• Apply patches and upgrades on the databases in regular intervals as per the security compliance.
• Develop and maintain documentation on Database inventory and Capacity Utilization of the resources.
• Participate in on-call rotations. (After-hours work includes scheduled maintenance, supporting application deployment, and hardware/software upgrades).
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in support of a MS SQL Server database management system.
• Expertise in/hands-on experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2019 (with working knowledge or previous administration of SQL 2012-SQL 2016 and Windows Server 2012+).
• 2+ years hands-on AWS experience, including knowledge of Amazon RDS, Amazon Migration Services, and database replication across multiple AWS regions.
• Hands-on experience designing and implementing highly available production systems using the following technologies: Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, Windows/SQL clustering, and Availability Groups.
• Hands-on experience with SQL Server patching and upgrades.
• Experience with developing scripts for SQL Server Backup, Integrity Check, and Index and Statistics Maintenance.
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MCDBA certifications are a plus.
• AWS Certification and/or AWS Certified Database – Specialty is an advantage
• Experience with Oracle 19c
• Experience in database technologies like Oracle, MS SQL, and AWS DB services like RDS, Amazon Aurora, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
“Celebrating 30 years of service”