Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Master Automation Engineer - Capital One Shopping
The Capital One Shopping
Team is changing the way people make purchases online. Finding the best prices and grabbing the biggest discounts should be a simple and seamless experience, and with the Capital One Shopping suite of tools, we make that happen! Who We Are :
We are a lean, purpose driven group that's growing rapidly and looking for strong engineering talent. In this role, you would help us automate our innovative features that are used by millions of customers and thousands of merchant partners. We're a group of passionate engineers that collaborates closely to solve internet scale problems across our stack, including Node, React, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Kafka all running on top of AWS. Within the Shopping space, we have opportunities across our teams for strong engineers to contribute to our systems and data processes that power our customer experiences across our product offerings. These areas deliver an incredible amount of value to our customers and generate strong revenue for the company and as such, the potential for growth within this space presents a unique opportunity.Who are you:
- You are an experienced automation engineer who enjoys both reducing time to market and improving customer experience
- You execute well with a high degree of individual ownership, but are also adept working as part of a team
- You're interested in the new developments of the open source community
- You collaborate with your peers to deliver high-quality and customer impacting solutions
Monitors adherence to quality standards in development, testing and business processes and able to produce quantifiable metrics to measure success; ensures test deliverables are prepared per enterprise guidelines
- Analyze product requirements with members of the project/product delivery team and devise the testing strategy; aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing; utilizing automated testing tools
- Monitors the completion of tasks within time and cost constraints and ensures technical and functional objectives are met
- Advocate for quality delivery; coordinates activities with overall development team, administers the testing problem management process including monitoring and reporting on problem resolution
- Implement improvements, which may require ingenuity and creativity, within quality assurance program and operational systems with measurable quality indicators; Prepare and discuss quality report with management Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 6 years of experience of functional end-to-end testing including performance testing, system testing, batch processing, user acceptance testing, regression, and test automation
- At least 2 years of experience working within a cloud-native environment (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform)
- 7+ years of experience developing, implementing, maintaining and managing automated testing systems.
- 4+ years of experience performing Quality Assurance functions
- Experience with automated build / continuous integration systems
- Experience working with an online shopping web extension (Rakuten, Honey, Wikibuy, Paribus)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).