Position: Data Architect
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6+ Months
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related technical field
- 6+ years’ experience in architecting and building end-to-end relational database solutions and pipelines for enterprise data warehouses, data marts, NoSQL databases for large scale operations, performing tasks such developing strategies for data acquisitions
- 5+ years of practical experience in the design and development of applications in various Database technologies.
- Deep experience troubleshooting complex data-intensive applications, developing data structures, archive, recovery and associated data policies, with expertise in error handling and performance tuning
- Thorough understanding of relational, and dimensional modeling, modeling for reporting applications, normalization techniques, forward-engineering and reverse-engineering techniques.
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Technologies such as Azure SQL, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, Microsoft Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS) and Azure Datawarehouse (DW), working with an MPP system to optimize distributed data applications.
- Broad knowledge of vendor capabilities in data management solutions –Data Federation, Big Data, Data Quality & Business Intelligence
- Familiarity with various process modeling techniques (activity hierarchy diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence diagrams, workflow diagrams, system interface diagrams).
SCOPE OF WORK
The scope of work includes data and database management activities related to the migration of on-prem sources (databases, data warehouses, operation data stores) to Azure and AWS Cloud Technologies, including the use of ingestion pipelines, data lakes, data marts, data warehouses and a semantic data services layer. They include but are not limited to, a combination of the following:
- Contribute to the design, development and documentation of assets within Database Operations environment
- Database migration including ingestion pipelines and appropriate cloud native migration tools.
- Work with the Project Lead to refine and tighten the security framework and access control for internal and external data on the database hosted on cloud.
- Work with the Project Lead to develop database migration processes for migrating, support, monitor and evolution of databases to cloud database technologies.
- Benchmark the current on-prem database performance and create target SLA for database jobs.
- Create standard database creation and migration templates for cloud database for both OLTP and OLAP workloads.
- Conduct performance tuning of database and data migration to eliminate bottlenecks.
- Analysis and troubleshoot the cloud database performance issues.
- Good and deep understanding of database working internals for two different databases preferably Azure SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Exceptional SQL knowledge and good understanding of optimizer techniques.
- Expertise knowledge of database and cloud monitoring technologies.
- Study Technical Design Document and if applicable, provide inputs
- Produce any other necessary documentation as needed for integration of developed software in the environment
- Participate in status review meetings and provide weekly status reports
- Perform analysis of system data to identify patterns, exceptions and erroneous data
- Assist in promoting database code between various QA / UAT & Production environments
- Must interact with other staff members, consultants, contractors as needed across company or unit boundaries.
- Document definitions for all new data constructs and document the enhancements in a standard document.
- Contribute to the support and maintenance of an already existing body of data applications currently in production within the ITSDA application landscape
- Ability and flexibility to learn and adapt to a spectrum of data and database technologies running on multiple platforms.
- Research new IT technologies and recommend solutions in order to improve performance, scalability, & storage.
If interested, please email your resume to Hardeep.Singh(at)Simplifytek.com or call 323.558.2253