Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an Architect. This position is located in Pleasanton, California or the Plano, TX area.Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Should be Hands On architect to be able to work on POCs, independently.
- Should be able to design and develop utilities or tools to be reused.
- Should be able to debug any issues and provide technical help to the developers on utilities or common components.
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including reviewing the technical design and the deployment architecture.
- Provide architecture & technology leadership for monitoring and managing applications across multiple public clouds.
- Drive technology and solutions that focus on high availability, disaster recovery, automated deployment, and observability.
- Work with engineering teams throughout the Product group to identity developer friction that slows engineering velocity and collaboratively design solutions that realize platform-wide efficiencies.
- Work with engineers to diagnose and gain insight into platform reliability and performance issues.
- Write white paper and training materials for effective site reliability, deployment, and platform observability.
- Lead the strategic path of the Platform Observability.
- Develop & evangelize the reference architecture & patterns that will be used across the organization to enable standardized cloud solutions.
- Lead the build vs buy discussion when it comes to choosing the tools & platforms.
- Identify and introduce new technologies, patterns that can elevate the platform across the enterprise.
- Mentor solution architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 10 years of experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8 years of experience.
- 5 years of experience in software architecture & design.
- 3 years of experience in cloud services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Experience in cloud computing application implementations on Azure or Google Cloud is a required
- Strong background in creating secure cloud architectures for customer facing applications that are enterprise grade and highly scalable.
- Prior experience dealing with high volume distributed technical architectures with a high cost of failure, i.e. focus on reliability and availability
- Experienced with telemetry tooling and observability systems such as: Jaegar, Prometheus, OpenTracing, OpenTelemetry, App Dynamics, Splunk, DataDog, NewRelic, Lightstep, Grafana.
- Experienced with some amount of 'Big Data' technologies such as: ElasticSearch, NoSql Stores, Kafka, Columnar Databases, DataFlow or Pipeline Systems, Graph DataStores.
- Experience with leveraging common infrastructure services like Enterprise Message Bus, Configuration Services, Toggles, Logging Systems, Telemetry for Observability (e.g. OpenTelemetry).
- Strong experience with ServiceNow ITOM, ITSM Modules that focuses Discovery, Event Management, Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale-out approaches and stability practiced Azure Well Architected framework or other cloud such as GCP
- Excellent understanding of Docker & Kubernetes is required.
- Excellent understanding of micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, and high availability
- Experience in Platform and reusable components across the organization.
- Good understanding of architectural principles involved in SaaS and multi-tenant platforms.
- Experience in emerging technologies like Machine Learning and AI Ops is a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, influencing, collaboration and negotiation skills
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
How to Apply:
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER#LI-CS1