When you join Sallie Mae, you become a champion for all students.
We're on a mission to power confidence as students begin their unique journey. To help them plan their higher education, successfully finish, and prepare for life after school. To help them Start smart. Learn big.
Students need guidance navigating this important time in their life. They need someone who acknowledges that their education path is unique. They need a partner willing to evolve and not only meet but surpass their expectations. We're changing. Because students need a better way.
We're looking for people who are excited to drive this transformation. To break barriers and think of new ways to adapt, help, and create better experiences for students-and for each other.
This is where diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives matter. It's where you're empowered to bring your authentic self to work.
Feeling your best allows you to do your best. Our benefits take care of the whole you-from physical and mental to financial and professional. You'll get opportunities to further your education and career, support for you and your family (including your pets!), paid time off to volunteer for the things that matter to you, and more.
We're obsessed with impact and making a real difference. For us, that means putting relationships first, asking "why not?" when tackling challenges, and continuously learning new skills.
Come do more than join something, change something. For students, for future generations, for the future of education.
What You'll Contribute
As a Senior Analyst of Collections Strategies, you will be responsible for assisting in the creation, development, and oversight of various strategic and analytical projects within Sallie Mae's Collections Department. The candidate will work closely with their manager to pull data and create reports to help senior leadership assess the value and impact of various Collections strategies. The candidate will need strong data mining and analytical skills and have at least intermediate knowledge of data mining languages such as SQL or R. Strong Excel skills will also be needed to be successful in this role.What You'll Do
Strategy Development & Implementation
- Assists in development and oversight of various strategic initiatives.
- Assists in mining and extracting data in order to provide critical information on how key strategies are performing.
- Routinely mines and analyzes data for various ad hoc requests often with tight turn around times.
Develop and Maintain Reporting Packages
- Designs and implements reporting packages for various business areas and upper-management. Requires a robust approach to data manipulation, management, and presentation, that aligns with business objectives.
- Maintains multiple reporting packages which includes, but not limited to: ensuring accuracy, employing updates, schedule adherence, data research and answering business queries, troubleshooting and identifying inaccuracies.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this job; it is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees in this role. What You Have
Minimum Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor's Degree in field such as Business, Mathematic, Statistics, Business Analytics or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 3+ Years working in a financial services or consumer lending role.
- 1+ years of SAS, SQL, R or related data querying language.
- Proficient knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret large amounts of raw data to accurately convey business needs.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience
- Tableau/PowerBI experience.
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) prohibits discrimination by employers, in compensation and employment opportunities, against qualified individuals with disabilities who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the "essential functions" of a job. A function may be essential for any of several reasons, including: the job exists to perform that function, the employee holding the job was hired for his/her expertise in performing the function, or only a limited number of employees are available to perform that function.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest! Sallie Mae is proud to be an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity, disability, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here . EEO is the Law supplement . Click here to view the U.S. Pay Transparency Policy.
Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please call (855) 756-2007 and choose option 9. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.