Currently, we are looking for talented resources for one of our listed clients. If interested please reply to me with your updated resume or feel free to reach out to me for more details at
Title: Electrical & Automation Engineer
Location: Glendale, AZ
Duration: 6 Months
- This position is an Electrical and Automation Engineer with Project Management skills. Needs to be an engineer, good work ethic, doing the grunt work, supervising the work of the vendor, following Client standards
- Doesn't need to be a manager but will be supervising the vendors 3+ years of experience and proactive, someone who will keep the vendors in check and raise the flag if there are issues
- This position requires creativity, experience, and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts. This is an exciting opportunity for developing both technical and leadership skills. Following are the job responsibilities that will be required from the engineer.
- Review URS (User Requirement Specification) and make the necessary Electrical and Automation recommendations based on Client standards.
- Develop scope of work according to Client guidelines and review the bids accordingly.
- Develop necessary timeline and schedule to keep track of Milestones, Parts ordered and vendor commitments.
- Review/Build electrical design using AUTOCAD according to Client standards
- Review/Create electrical schematics along with necessary electrical calculations and SISTEMA documentation.
- Review/ Build Pneumatic Designs needed for the projects
- Review/Build control design and MCC designs with vendors and make sure Client standards are being followed.
- Build Of Materials (BOM) Review/Create the BOM using the electrical and Pneumatic schematics and keep track of the materials delivery. PLC Programming :
- Review/Build Process control Descriptions (PCD) and Functional Design Specifications (FDS) for various equipment and machines as needed.
- Review/Create PLC tagging using Client S88 document.
- Review/Design PLC program in Rockwell Studio 5000 and Siemens TIA where necessary and making sure NEAT toolbox 7 is followed where necessary.
- Create/Review communication exchange signals between PLC'S
- Create checklist for FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) and SAT (Site Acceptance Test) according to Client guidelines. HMI/SCADA Development:
- Review/Build HMI screens using Wonderware Software and NEAT 7.0 guidelines
- Create a Simulation plan to review various functionality of SCADA like Recipe management, Product routes , CIP routes etc. Glendale AZ
- Review and work with vendors to make sure the HMI screens and SCADA controls is intuitive and work with operations team to achieve the same.
- Work with cross functional teams and develop action plans to facilitate E&A objectives for the factory. Recommend and drive actions to build smart and cohesive systems for seamless integration with other systems.
- Participate and lead standardization, cost savings, and manufacturing process improvement initiatives Streamline engineering processes by creating Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Providing support to process control and process monitoring equipment software design, commissioning, testing, and corrective action The Engineer must have proper expertise and knowledge to integrate power switch gear, automation components, transformers, and branch circuit protection with motors, valves, filters, and sensors into a high-quality system. The focus of the role will be supporting all phases of a project including concept and research; estimating cost ; component selection; network design; panel design; layout; purchasing; device troubleshooting; PLC programming; HMI tagging; FAT support. You will be responsible for working with Client team and also the vendors to hit the project timeline for a successful startup of the Factory.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- 3+ years of experience in electrical or Controls/Automation or mechatronics engineering roles
- CAD proficiency: AutoCAD
- Expertise in drafting electrical schematics with power and control systems
- Experience programming and troubleshooting PLC ladder logic, structured text, and function blocks using Studio 5000 is a must.
- Experience in SCADA and HMI programming using Wonderware software is a must.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and all Microsoft Office products
- Should be well trained in industry standards like OSHA and UL requirements.
- Experience in Food industry is desired
For more relevant job opportunities please visit our website: Denken Careers