Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking a System Integration & Test Engineer to join our Tactical Ground Programs team in Westminster, CO. We are seeking a cross-functional team member who can interact with systems and software engineers, configuration management specialists, and system security specialists. This technical team supports the US Government by providing systems engineering, software engineering, and satellite downlink expertise to develop and deploy satellite imagery remote GEOINT processing and exploitation ground systems. This position will provide support to the integrated hardware and software systems. In this role, you will work in an Agile Scrum environment working across functional teams. Responsibilities:
- Effectively work in a fast-paced development and operations support environment as part of an Agile Scrum team.
- Provide integration & testing to the software development team along with operational systems.
- Factory and remote maintenance to support satellite image processing ground systems.
- Utilize multiple scripting languages and automated testing procedures.
- Improve operational excellence by aligning future architecture with current operations by focusing on requirements-driven design.
- Provide root cause analysis for integrated software and hardware platforms.
- Troubleshoot various Java, C++ , Virtual Machines software components in a REST architecture.
- Troubleshoot PostGres and Oracle DB issues.
- Responsible for software verification and validation, including test planning, development, execution, analysis and associated documentation.
- Periodically participate in on-site installation of the overall system, both hardware and software.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and be willing and able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline. 6 years of additional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 5+ years of related experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in both manual and automated testing paradigms.
- Must have detailed knowledge of PERL and Python scripting languages.
- Familiarity with RESTful services, Java / C++, Apache Tomcat and relational DB experience.
- Must be comfortable with hands-on testing and to determine root cause analysis.
- Must have a basic level of knowledge of networking.
- Must be comfortable working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Must be experienced with automated testing tools like SilkTest, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Must be familiar with configuration management tools like GIT, Stash, etc.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 10%.
- Active Top Secret clearance, TS/SCI highly desirable.
- Experience operating as a part of a System Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) group.
- Experience in satellite remote ground terminal operations, or equivalent experience in aerospace operations.
- Experience in software Kubernetes and Docker container-based environments.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira issue tracking software.
- Agile development and/or SCRUM experience.
- A drive for gaining new knowledge. The position will require an employee to learn and be knowledgeable on several different systems and tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to work in a collaborative team environment.
The compensation range for this position is $79,500.00 to $132,500.00 annually, dependent on skills and experience.
As a federal contractor, Maxar is required to comply with the vaccination and other COVID-19 requirements in President Biden's September 9 Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors . Accordingly, all Maxar team members must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 4, 2022 , except in cases where a team member is legally entitled to an accommodation.Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.