As a MySQL Database Administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of MySQL database. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances. You will also work in tandem with the other teams, preparing documentations and specifications as required.
Who We Are
At, we’re empowering healthcare heroes to transform the way they work. We simplify the scheduling and staffing process to match qualified nursing professionals - we call them IntelyPros - with shifts at our partnered facilities. We have a pool of over 15,000 IntelyPros in our network who get the pay, freedom, and flexibility they deserve—all from one smart and easy-to-use mobile app and platform. And our partnered facilities get access to nursing resources when they need them. All of which leads to the ultimate goal - better care for patients.
We’re driven by wonder - you’re encouraged to ask ‘what if?’ and see where it leads you.
We take big swings - don’t be afraid to make mistakes; they’re the stepping stones to success.
We carry forward care - we care about what we do, we care about each other, and we care deeply about our partnered facilities and IntelyPros.
And we believe that when we work together, we thrive. You won’t find outsized egos and a ‘not my job’ mentality here. Just humble, tenacious folks working together to make the impossible possible.
- Ranked 41 on America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies list (Inc. 5000)
- Over 3 million nursing hours filled since launching in 2015
- +200% revenue growth in the last three years
- +100% growth in facilities using our platform year over year
- 41.2% daily active app usage - on par with social media and other popular apps.
What You’ll Do
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Prepare documentations and specifications.
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Profile server resource usage, optimize and tweak as necessary.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements.
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, etc.
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT
- Exposure to PHP and Java environment is a plus.
You Can Expect
- Collaboration with a fun, diverse, and open-minded team that welcomes new ideas
- Flexible, remote working environment and schedule
- Opportunities for training and mentorship
- Hands-on experience working with marketing tools and building marketing experiences