Our Government client is looking for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer on a 6 months renewable contract role in Raleigh, NC.
Position: Desktop Support Engineer
The agency is looking for assistance with replacing and upgrading systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The primary function of this position will be to configure and upgrade laptop and desktop computers. The technician must possess experience working with Windows 7 /10. Knowledge of various Microsoft solutions, LAN/WAN administration and overall systems administration. The ideal candidate would be a professional, detail oriented and self-motivated individual who excels at completing tasks successfully and efficiently. There are two vacancies on this posting.
• Actively participate in planning, coordinating, and implementing Windows operating systems and applications for end users • Set up, configure and add all required hardware during upgrade.
• Provide technical support to end users after migration as needed. • Ability to troubleshoot and communicate escalations to senior resources
• Assist with asset management - tagging and tracking of inventory (5%)
• Ability to relay technical information to both technical and nontechnical personnel
• Strong written/verbal communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Must possess excellent time management skills
• Must possess strong customer relations skills.
• Lift / move 30 lbs.
• Ability to work in flexible environment based on customer scheduling requirements
Experience and Technical Skills:
• Microsoft - Windows Desktop Operating Systems version 7 and 10
• Microsoft - Windows Server Systems and their component roles (AD, DNS, File/Print Services)
• Microsoft - Active Directory (AD)
• Microsoft – Office 365 Account Management
• McAfee Encryption and Antivirus Software
• Troubleshooting basic application issues such as Office and other third-party software
• Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), LANDesk a plus
Required / Desired Skills
Vector Consulting, Inc., (Headquartered in Atlanta) is an IT Talent Acquisition Solutions firm committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 1990, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value. Our continuing growth has been and continues to be built around successful relationships that are based on our organization's operating philosophy and commitment to ** People, Partnerships, Purpose and Performance - THE VECTOR WAY
“Celebrating 25 years of service”
Duluth, GA, 30097