Title: Technical Product Manager / Technical Product Owner
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Technical Product Manager / Technical Product Owner. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
Works closely with Product Owners to establish product strategy and convey that strategy to the development team while adhering to Agile software processes, culture, best practices, and techniques. The Product Manager is responsible for developing product features, prioritizing the backlog, and managing risks while ensuring the iterations and releases are meeting the business objectives. The Product Manager also defines analytics and collects feedback in order to assess the product health and drive improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience as a PM in an agile team.
- Comfortable with agile and scrum ceremonies and feature / story management.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, agile development team with business and development partners
- Maintain a balance between business viability, user desirability and technical feasibility while delivering software products with a team.
- Should have technical background / experience
- Work closely with Business Partners to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team.
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements.
- Help Business Partners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Work with product designers to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team.
- Conduct product experiments, user interviews and other validation techniques to gather feedback and product insights
- Mentor and train PMs to help them learn agile/XP methods and build skills.
- Help innovate and iterate on agile PM processes and share our learnings.
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features.
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making.
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and business partners.
- 3+ years working with Agile software methodologies (Scrum, eXtreme Programming, Kanban).
- Previous success delivering a product to market with an Agile development team, and ongoing development and support of production applications.
- Understanding of Agile DevOps principles
- Understanding of relational database, Hadoop, or flat file processing concepts
- Experience using agile management tools such as Rally or Jira
- Has demonstrated the capability to both identify issues and risks and bring together the needed people to develop mitigation or contingency plans.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, listening
- Ability to present complex technical concepts into concise summaries for report outs to management and business customers
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at vasavi.konda(@)stgit.com or contact In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Technical Product Manager / Owner
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client’s global IT and Engineering needs.
Vasavi Konda|Recruiting Specialist
“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084