USA-MA-Quincy-1385 Hancock Street Store Code:
Arch-Dat Bus Intel and Anlytcs (2762931)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.For more information, visit https:// www.retailbusinessservices.com . Position Summary
This is a Data Engineer role responsible for the design, development, and roll-out of the Data & Analytics Platform, along with partnering with the senior members of the team to develop the data consumption tools for the Data & Analytics Platform. Engages through the entire lifecycle of the Data & Analytics Platform from technical design, gap analysis, data modeling, developing data pipelines, and finally data consumption. Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with business users to design, develop, test, and implement business intelligence solutions in the Data & Analytics Platform.
- Solves moderate to complex application errors, as well as designs and resolves application problems, following up in a timely manner with all appropriate customers and IT personnel.
- Documents all phases of work including gathering requirements, joining relationship diagrams, creating database diagrams, report layouts and other program technical specifications using current specified design standards for new or revised solutions.
- Assists in assessing alternative software solutions for workability and technical feasibility.
- Relates information from various sources to draw logical conclusions.
- Assists in identifying the impact of proposed application development/enhancements projects.
- Conducts data analysis (SQL, Excel, Data Discovery, etc.) on legacy systems and new data sources.
- Performs data profiling and process analysis to understand key source systems and uses knowledge of application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs.
- Reviews and validates QA test plans and supports QA team during test execution.
- Participates in designing data transformation and data pipe lines
- Ensures change control and change management procedures are followed within the program/project as they relate to requirements.
- Documents reporting requirements through engagement with business process SMEs.
- Creates source to target data mappings for data pipelines and integration activities.
- Designs and develops reports, dashboards to support decision-making within the business and IT.
- Conducts unit testing on ELT and report development.
- Conducts data lineage and impact analysis as a part of the change management process.
- Delivers SDLC Deliverables as defined.
- Contributes to Business Case Development through information gathering and analysis.
- Develop Business Intelligence applications/dashboards/Reports in Microstrategy and Power BI.
- Develop complex SQL/USQL code for Data Engineering pipelines in Azure Data Lake analytics and azure data factory.
- Develop complex data science algorithms using R programming language and industrialize them.
- Develop and Implement big data applications using Hadoop components (HDInsight - Microsoft Azure).
- Create requirement documents, review the functional design documents created by vendor partners as a part of software development life cycle.
- Work closely with business teams in every stage from gathering requirements to closure of project.
- Work with the key stakeholders to create requirements for each business solution, ensure the requirements are developed in concert with and agreed upon by the business partner, and that the solution delivers the agreed upon business needs.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years IT experience encompassing the following:
- Working experience with SDLC and deliverables associated with each phase.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling.
- Knowledge of Data Visualization Best Practices.
- Experience working with industry-leading Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience working with industry-leading database technologies.
- Experience in Advanced SQL techniques.
Strong Organization Skills
- Outstanding Written and Verbal Communication communications skills; able to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and develop creative solutions.
- Ability to multi-task and self-direct.
Strong Analytical Aptitude
- Ability to interact with non IT associates and management on projects.
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet pre-established deadlines.
- Ability to work with their peers, associates and all levels of management.
- Ability to explain technical concepts in a non-technical fashion.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills; strong deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Experience in a retail environment a plus.
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org>
Job Requisition: 12966_external_USA-MA-Quincy