Azure Cloud Architect/Team LeadLocation:
New York, NYStart Date:
Mar 20, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description:Title:Azure Cloud Architect/Team Lead
Location: NYC (midtown) Duration:
Fulltime/Direct Hire w/Client Job Summary:
The Azure Architect/Cloud Team Lead is responsible for directing a staff of support engineers in the operations of cloud systems. This role will be responsible for ensuring we meet or exceed our service levels in regards to supporting, patching and the overall maintenance of our Azure environment. They will plan and deliver transformations to IaaS and PaaS based IT sourcing models and architectures. They will be responsible for analyzing as-is state and plan to-be, develop business cases and roadmaps, and execute transformation to Cloud based solutions. This role will support the design and implementation of scalable, high performance hosting solutions using Cloud Technologies - including Compute, Storage, Networks, Communications, Workplace and Service Mgmt. They will also need to perform capacity management, billing/showback operations, and cost optimization activities across multiple Cloud environments. Major Responsibilities:
- Oversee cloud migration, implementation and support for firm services
- Plan and deliver legacy infrastructure transformation and migration to drive business outcomes.
- Collaborate with internal support groups to vet and implement necessary changes to support cloud and on premise systems
- Collaborate with internal clients and vendors to evaluate solutions and articulate technical, cost and architectural variations of various options
- Design of solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for cloud based applications
- Ensure delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Demonstrate forward thinking around where the organization is going and how technology can support these efforts
- Advocate and help define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Develop Business Continuity plans for cloud hosting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 8+ years relevant work experience
- Prior experience managing a technical team
- Strong people management, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment and keep cool under stress.
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure or other cloud based deployments.
- Experience automating and orchestrating workloads on cloud providers
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com