We Are Hiring
Software Developer - SWE Consumer CHI - Full-Time Day - Amita Corporate - Chicago, IL
Our office is mere steps away from Union Station Ogilvie Transportation Stations, overlooks the Chicago River. We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that's why our Digital Studio comes stocked with snacks and drinks. And, we have break-out areas that are conducive for having these discussions.Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. What You Will Do
As a Software Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of a dev team working collaboratively with others in an Agile organization to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension Technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission Responsibilities:
- Lead a team developing high-quality cloud-native applications using Java/Spring Boot framework and actively contributing to the development
Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Lead a team to solve complex technical challenges using industry best practices
- Ability to design and implement RESTful microservices from scratch
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Leads in design and code reviews
- Coaches junior developers
- Collaborate with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure timely delivery of great quality applications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies; daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
Expertise in microservice architectural patterns and design
- Expertise in designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Expertise in Java8+/Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Expert in specifying, creating, and consuming RESTful API's
- Experience implementing APIs on gateway products like Apigee
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka, PubSub)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What You Will Need Education:
- Experience with TDD/BDD/DDD using JUnit, Cucumber.
- Experience with PCF ====P
- Experience with healthcare data standards (HL7, FHIR
- 7+ years of hands-on development experience required.
- 4+ years' experience developing Restful APIs.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1 year of experience required.
- 4 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfE-Verify Statement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify
(link to E-verify site)