Position: Backend Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Duration: 12 Months
- Solid experience in large scale distributed systems and event-driven architectures
- Solid experience in NoSql technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB
- 5+ years of experience Java/J2EE, MVC framework
- Full Stack Software engineer to work in the Accessibility team to build and maintain tools.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Hands-on experience in Java/J2EE, XML, Web Technologies, Web Services
- Experience with big data solutions such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Kafka, Storm etc. is a plus.
- Experience in using source control systems such as Git or Clearcase, issue tracking systems like JIRA.
- Strong expertise in agile development.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business and ability to contribute to technology direction that gives to measurable business improvements.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities and to thrive under pressure.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and collaboration, skills.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Work on highly scalable services to process millions of requests/events per day.
- build n-tier applications using RESTful Services, Java/J2EE, and related technologies.
- Work with open source tools for optimizing and testing code using automation scripts
- Relational database design experience- MySQL, Oracle, SOLR, NoSQL - Cassandra, Mango DB and Hive.
Troubleshooting, Java, Cassandra, Scripting, Kafka, J2EE