Job#: 1290892 Job Description:
Apex Systems is looking for a Sr. Electrical Engineer to work with one of our clients! If interested, please email your most up-to-date resume to Anna Farizel at Title:
Sr. Electrical Project EngineerLength:
Direct Hire Location:
Akron, OH, Cleveland, OH, Columbus, OH OR Cannonsburg, PA *This role will be a hybrid model, 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH* Job Description:
Solve people's toughest building engineering challenges. Work with premier institutions and local communities on one-of-a-kind projects, large and small, that make a lasting impact on people's lives.
As a successful Senior Electrical Project Engineer, you will:
Day to Day:
- Lead engineering design through the lifecycle of building projects, for markets including healthcare, education, and corporate
- Create efficient, reliable, and thoughtful electrical system designs that align with your clients' project objectives
- Develop strong relationships with your colleagues both in and out of the office, collaborating with them to deliver designs that help your clients succeed
- Advocate for your clients by presenting design options, proposing solutions, resolving issues, and advising on best practices
- Mentor junior engineers, helping them to grow technically and professionally as they work on design projects
- Receive mentoring and pursue professional development so that you can advance as an engineer, client advocate, and leader
- Lead electrical engineering design (including power distribution, lighting, and fire alarm) through the lifecycle of a building project. Tasks include design, system calculations, equipment selection, layouts, construction documents, project specifications, probable cost estimates, site visits, project coordination, and construction administration.
- Collaborate with project team to meet the client's performance, schedule, aesthetic, and financial goals.
- Conduct system evaluations, produce technical reports, and support colleagues with technical review of their projects.
- Submit project fees and meet project financial goals.
- Mentor junior electrical engineers - assign work, track progress, provide feedback
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Experience with engineering design for healthcare and higher education clients
- 6+ years of experience in the building engineering industry
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit
- Knowledgeable about National Electrical Code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Responsive to both internal and external clients
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Registered Professional Engineer or passed the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- Experience with alternative project delivery methods
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at