Address: USA-MA-Quincy-1385 Hancock Street
Store Code: IT Executive & Administration (2760797)
Retail Business Services is the services company of leading grocery retail group Ahold Delhaize USA, providing services to five East Coast grocery brands: Food Lion, Giant Food, The GIANT Company, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the size and scale of the local brands to and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we foster a community of belonging where everyone is valued.For more information, visit https:// www.retailbusinessservices.com .
Retail Business Services (RBS) an Ahold Delhaize owned company is in the process of building one of the most comprehensive and advanced cloud platforms to accelerate digital transformation and support the growth of our Omnichannel strategy for our retail brands. You could be part of this unique, global cloud transformation that will enable advanced technologies and concepts to support our brands.
The Cloud Services leader will serve as the senior leader for RBS Technology's cloud hosted platform services and will be leading cloud engineering, delivery, and operations areas to support Ahold Delhaize's operations in USA, while partnering closely with global teams. This position will provide overall leadership for technical contributions, IaaS/PaaS processes, and lead the charter to enable Cloud Foundations 2.0 in Azure by refining deployment methodology and enabling full stack automation capabilities for Peapod Digital Labs and RBS's applications on a common cloud core platform.
This leader is responsible for the core components of cloud that support customer network access, data collection, and distributed systems and sets the strategic direction of Cloud Services Platform for AD USA while working closely with our brands to ensure solutions meet the needs of the company.
As such, the role requires excellent communication and partnership skills, the need to co-create vision and strategy that enable the wider enterprise and technology organization, and the ability to instill confidence in others. This position will develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy for the hybrid Cloud platforms. This leader will establish a culture of excellence in execution for the organization. He/she will define realistic targets and milestones, focus on platform engineering team, establish a high level of team participation and interaction, serve as an inspiring mentor and coach, ensure that quality is a high priority at every stage, and move products into production in the desired timeframes. This leader will work closely with other development organizations across RBS, PDL, and GSO.
This role will provide balanced recommendations that include risk assessments, decision analysis, and advantages for proposed solutions and proven experience in navigating complex organizations, creative problem solving, and rationale.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership of public and private cloud technologies and managed services
• Provide service delivery to RBS business partners through an emerging advisory community of cloud practitioners
• Enable self-service via end-to-end automation to reduce time for cloud infrastructure service provisioning, raise user satisfaction with self-service functions, minimize handoffs between different teams and maximize developer and app-owner flexibility in consuming cloud services
• Provide deep technological understanding of cloud infrastructures, capabilities and security models, and engineer cloud-hosted solutions and integrations
• define and implement cloud systems support process and procedures in a multi-cloud environment
• Understand, identify, and operationalize a cloud native support model with an initial small team and scale up based on demand
• Identify and implement critical metrics to manage and monitor the performance of operations including capacity, availability, budget, and inventory
• Proactively conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities are well understood and plans to scale are defined.
• Ensure continuous integration and delivery processes are followed within the organization
• Provides strong technical leadership in delivery of cloud and platform technology solutions
• Partners closely with GSO and ISO to deliver highly secure solutions that meet enterprise standards and security controls
• Partner closely with PDL's DevOps Delivery leads to support full stack modernization and improve overall stability and ways of working model
• Partner closely with Application and IT governance leaders to understand and gather critical requirements for implementation or migration of applications
• Provide technical design, leadership, and oversight to the development team to deliver new solutions using the hybrid cloud platform, automated micro-services and cloud-based technologies and platforms
• Collaborate with technical leaders across IT to drive cloud platform, framework, infrastructure decisions, implementations, and adoption
• Leads technical design specifications, deployments, and production support procedures. Provide cross-training on new services to Level 1/2/3 support teams.
• Develop ecosystem scorecards, SLA's and KPI's in conjunction with the enterprise and other technology partners to evaluate success and determine areas for improvement and areas of opportunity
• Recruit, coach and build high-performing cloud automation engineers that Design, Code, and Deliver new rapid capabilities
• Sets the mission and vision of the cloud services team to foster a customer-centric oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques
• Be a trusted advisor, build relationships with technical leaders and business executives to develop a keen understanding of business needs; ensure efficient delivery of cloud services to meet those needs
• Build a multi-year cloud transformation roadmap and key performance indicators that are well understood and anticipate emerging needs
• Provide the vision and work with individual architects to translate it into tactical engineering blueprints
• Own the IT "People Strategy" that will forecast the future skills needed to acquire and develop an IT workforce with the appropriate technical skills and competencies that balance between growing agility and ensuring the core IT functions are reliable, stable, and efficient
• Foster a culture of trusted partnership, customer service oriented, and continuous improvement
• Build a deep bench of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth and mentor the team to their full potential
• Act as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and senior executives to develop a clear understanding of enterprise needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of cloud services to meet those needs, and respond with agility to changing industry priorities
• Partner with the IT senior leadership on the service portfolio and governance to prioritize resources &investments
• Bachelor's Degree (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
• 15+ years of relevant IT and leadership experience in managing Infrastructure and Cloud evolution, managing direct reports/ teams, partnering with global teams and strategic suppliers
• In depth technical and domain architecture experience with Azure cloud services
• Fifteen years' industry experience or equivalent knowledge/skills with equal concentrations in Infrastructure, Cloud Services, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, and stewardship of inter-departmental technical dependencies
• Experience with configuration, migration and deployment experience related to Azure IaaS/PaaS and related technologies
• Experience operating complex multi-datacenter, multi-cluster environment and a strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security
• Experience with hosting enterprise class SQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL and Big Data DBs
• Experience and leading engineering teams responsible for verity of operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) including troubleshooting utilities
• Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Saltstack, Bosh, Terraform or an equivalent.
• A working understanding of code and script such as: Shell and PowerShell, Python and Perl
• Automating environment builds to support DevOps (configuration as code) ways of working
• Must have strong experience architecting and delivering solutions/roadmaps within highly diverse, multi-cloud structures that includes at least one of the following: MS Azure or Amazon Web Services
• Analyze requirements to lead the creation of solutions, estimate, specifications, and blueprints
Additional Skills and Experience
• Expert in Private and Public cloud and virtualization technologies such as VMware, MS AKS, Cloud Foundation framework
• Proficient in software delivery concepts through continuous integration
• Proficient with cloud financial management, cost modeling, billing, and reporting
• Prior cloud engineering or cloud architecture experience at a large enterprise scale is a plus
• Proven experience migrating legacy applications to the public cloud
• Strong financial acumen and understanding of IT Total Cost of Ownership
• Experience with Agile & DevOps methodologies, scrum tools, Kanban, and measurement practices
• Expertise in providing mentorship to multiple teams in broad technical areas on complex enterprise-wide projects
• Drive organizational culture change and mindset shifts by articulating a compelling vision and effectively galvanizing change agents
• Provide technical leadership while developing and maintaining relationships with Product Managers, Solution Engineers and Technical Architects
• Experience with Azure, Terraform, AKS, Azure DevOps, Infoblox, F5
• Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM software development
• Proven experience leading engineering teams, building and supporting, CICD automated pipelines with on-prem, cloud and hybrid infrastructures in an agile, DevOps context
• Strong written and oral communications skills with demonstrated evidence of constructive interpersonal interactions with both individual contributors and senior executives inside and outside of technology
• Experience leading complex technology transformation initiatives
Retail and/or eCommerce industry experience is preferred
• Partner with human resources (HR) and support its human capital and organizational effectiveness programs and initiatives. Operate in alignment with HR's strategies.
• Microsoft Azure and AWS certifications preferred
• Master's Degree strongly preferred (computer science, engineering, information systems, business administration or other industry related curriculum)
• Prior experience in a similar role in multiple multi-national companies from a global perspective
• Prior experience in dealing with outsourcing and managing MSP's teams and outcomes
Retail Business Services is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance in the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org>
Job Requisition: 12827_external_USA-MA-Quincy