Software QA Test Analyst
CGI Federal is looking for a Test Analyst that has experience in quality assurance and product testing to support one of our clients in Dallas, TX
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Creating test cases based on the requirements and other documents
• Plan and create test data required for testing
• Review business and functional requirements in order to produce a test strategy and test cases
• Test software releases by executing assigned tests (manual and/ or automated)
• Report well documented defects in the defect tracking tool and create test logs
• Report test results to the stakeholders
• Define, develop, and institutionalize best practices and procedures within a mixed manual and automated testing environment.
• Coordinate with all team members required to produce test plan and prepare all steps to complete the test plan for System Testing and User Acceptance Testing. Much have a test case for each software requirement and must keep a log of all testing phases.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Strong analytical and organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience in reviewing and understanding requirements for large scale high transaction applications.
• Experience with web application testing. Strong knowledge and experience in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Ability to communicate at both business and technical levels with the stakeholders, developers, Product Owner, Business Subject Matter Experts involved.
• Ability to work in a team and with multi-tasking skills to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience using test management, requirements management and defect tracking tools.
• Experience in agile methodology.
• Communication and writing skills are required to communicate information effectively to customers, product manager and the technical staff.
• Organizational skills required to work with the vast array of information gathered during the requirement gathering process to facilitate writing the test cases.
• Interpersonal skills required to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as clients, product development management).
• Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
• Experience using JIRA for requirements management and defect tracking
• Experience in both waterfall and agile methodology is preferred
• Experience with Databases and SQL
#CGIFederalJobsBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Requirement Management
- Test Management
- Testing Environments