BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients' world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.Job Description
Silicon Valley Bank is the most sought-after financial partner in the global innovation economy. We bring together entrepreneurs, investors, venture capitalists, and private equity firms to move their bold ideas forward, fast. Our clients define what comes next. In the past 35 years, we have accumulated more experience with start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world. In fact, the majority of the most compelling Fintech progressives bank with us. Our clients include: Beyond Meat, Shopify, HelloFresh, Cloudera, and Andreessen Horowitz, just to name a few. We help our clients grow, too. More than half of the innovation companies that completed an IPO in the last two years were our clients.About the Role:
We are looking for a full-stack Node/React developer to help design and build our new customer onboarding platform in AWS.
Once Here You Will
- The ideal candidate should have the vital skills and experience to provide technical guidance, estimation of efforts, understanding; and decide upon the optimal technology solution to achieve the desired business needs.
- You should be able to navigate differing levels of gray/unknowns, have excellent communication skills with other IT management levels, individual contributors and business stakeholders, and be ready to provide day to day application support.
- You will move at a rapid rate of execution to deliver requests and take advantage of any opportunities as they present themselves and navigate through any resource constraints.
- You must take both the short-term tactical and long-term strategic view when deciding on the best technical approach.
- You must be able to develop code and effectively oversee distributed development team members.
: Join an Agile squad of developers and automation engineers supported by a product manager and scrum master, and collaborate with other Onboarding squads Collaborate with Product and business owners to understand the business domain & products sufficiently to suggest best design / implementation to meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability
- Spend most of your time on the design of systems, while maintaining a substantial percentage of time dedicated to hands-on implementation activities
- Gain a solid hands-on knowledge of our microservices, our data architecture and databases, our client-facing web application, and our internal-facing Appian BPM platform
- Become a domain guide in one or more technical environments, and deliver frameworks or standards to help other specialists follow best practices Estimate (t-shirt) large features and releases as needed.
- Break down large feature sets in a way that junior team members can understand, lead them to a successful implementation/release, and train them to do this themselves
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval by Architecture Review Team.
- Design and develop enterprise solutions for specific business need that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements.
- Perform impact analysis of proposed changes on existing architecture, capabilities, system priorities, and technology solutions, look for additional solution options or trade-offs, and identify cost/benefit implications of proposed solutions (e.g. people, processes, technology, strategy, finance)
- Conduct group training sessions or lunch and learns.
- Come up with ideas for refreshing old processes and work with product manager or team lead to get these approved, and document all updates to processes
- Find opportunities for refactoring and other tech debt remediation efforts throughout the code base that can be included in normal delivery activities
- Maximise your extensive experience in previous projects to guard code quality and take opportunities to mentor junior engineers.
- Lend a hand in architecture and design discussions for junior engineers, taking into account knowledge of the existing code base.
- Help mentor other team members in large scale feature planning.
- Express what you know comfortably and confidently, especially during code reviews.
- Aim to learn new things and go further. Always work to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you. Accept feedback with eagerness to learn more.
- We value continued learning and development, so you will learn a lot.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of dynamic development experience as a Software Engineer
- Hands-on development experience in Node, React, and Loopback Technical lead experience for medium to large sized projects
- Experience building and maintaining large software platforms
- Deep love of building elegant, maintainable, well-documented, secure code
- Abstracting and refactoring should be a passion, not a chore
- Ability to influence the architecture and design
- Ability to analyze and trouble shoot production issues Experience with TDD and CICD delivery
- Experience with distributed systems and with Micro-services architecture.
- Hands-on experience with RESTful web services, web applications, transactional databases, NoSQL databases.
- Experience with enterprise integration services/solutions
- Experience and exposure to API gateways Experience implementing solutions using Agile/Kanban/Iterative delivery methodologies Implementation experience with SAAS/PAAS based solutions.
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
- Bonus points for experience with Appian BPA applications
- Bonus points for experience with regulated financial organizations.
- Bonus points for experience with AWS, Docker, and Jenkins
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
© 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB ).Equal Employment Opportunity
Silicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment practices.
Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK (Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority (Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.