Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,000 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
WWT is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join the Reliability Engineering team. As a valued member of the team, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for driving cloud native adoption and observability practices to enhance the reliability and scalability of IT operations.
The ideal candidate is a smart and passionate technologist with knowledge of Kubernetes both in the datacenter and the cloud who can comfortably and confidently work with and/or lead teams towards innovate real-world solutions and provide positive user experiences. We seek to blend software engineering with systems engineering to develop, run, and scale the next generation of systems for a global company.
The Reliability Engineering team consists of software engineers with development backgrounds and operations engineers with infrastructure backgrounds. We are looking for candidates who are experienced technologists, collaborative partners and has a passion for all things automation.
Our team is responsible for:
- CI/CD pipelines, Release Engineering, and DevOps platforms used by both application development and infrastructure teams
- Cloud native systems to empower modern application development
- Strategic application of metrics to drive organizational decisions
- Provide holistic view of system health using observability practices
- Automation platforms and practices to help teams eliminate toil and expand capabilities
- Implement, maintain, and consult on the observability and monitoring framework that supports the needs of multiple internal stakeholders
- Experience working across departments evangelizing and communicating observability expertise and standards
- Ability to solve problems across the entire stack - operating systems, software, application, compute, storage, and network.
- Extensive experience with metrics and logging libraries and aggregators, data analysis and visualization tools.
- Build and run a centralized, scalable container runtime environment based on Kubernetes
- Work within the overlap of several areas of focus: observability, security, deployment pipelines, cloud infrastructure and containerization.
- Promote the use of modern automation around access management and Infrastructure-as-code.
- Work with product engineering teams, helping them optimize applications for cloud infrastructure
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic
- CKA or CKAD certification
- Deep operational experience in Metrics, Monitoring and Alerting, including tools like Splunk, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Experience with Azure cloud services
- Administrative knowledge of containers and microservices, including Kubernetes and Rancher
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines, including tools like Codefresh or Jenkins
- Knowledge of Artifact Management, including tools like JFrog Artifactory
- Experience in Automation, including tools like Ansible & Puppet
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.