Peraton is a critical partner to the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and select federal agencies and commercial entities, providing innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. We are recognized as a trusted provider of highly differentiated space, intelligence, cyber, defense, homeland security, and communications capabilities.
Peraton is a mission integrator, focused on cyber tools development, secure network engineering, spectrum management, and delivering quick reaction solutions from the lab to the field. Our team partners with Defense agencies and the Intelligence Community on a variety of critical missions.
Peraton supports national security decision makers across all operational regimes of air, land sea, space and cyberspace. Our scientific discovery and research empower our employees and help our government keep America and our allies secure. We solve our nation's toughest challenges by sharing our technical innovation and groundbreaking insights. All of this is possible due to the human insight and ingenuity of our most important asset, our employees.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Integrator Engineer
to support our unique customer in Greenbelt, MD
. This position requires an active Secret security clearance and is contingent upon contract award.
The purpose of this contract is to acquire engineering services for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) for ground systems and mission operations support (GSMO-3) in all phases of a mission life cycle. The scope encompasses concept studies, design, development, integration, test, verification, operations, and sustainment of mission operations systems and subsystems, and operations processes and procedures.
- Applies specialized knowledge of primary technical discipline, e.g., aerospace, mechanical, electrical, computer science to support research, planning, development, design, analysis, production, maintenance, and operation of devices, equipment, complex systems, or processes;
- Design activities generally involve customer specifications, constraints, operating environments, and autonomous, unattended operation;
- State-of-the-art product development activities may require modification and extension of existing methods and may require advanced techniques and/or tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in the discipline area of Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Software Engineering, or Management of Information Technology;
- At least 7 years of related experience;
- Requires broad knowledge of several fields and extensive knowledge of own specialty - Work closely with the customer to identify and implement integrated data systems that ingest, process, and deliver data to and from multiple sources and/or systems. Translate operations concepts into system requirements, including interface connections, documentation, maintenance plans. Integrates software, hardware, peripherals, and network systems. Defines physical space requirements and creates system layouts.
- Key Skills and Abilities: System integration experience; installation and maintenance experience with custom, and 3rd party software; integration experience with a variety of operating systems, databases, and platforms. Knowledge of system engineering processes. Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Eligible for a Secret Clearance
- Basic understanding of satellites and ground systems concepts through experience or education
- Technical Documentation Skills
- Oral and written presentation skills
- Education: A Master's degree may substitute for 3 years of experience.
- Active Secret Clearance
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our 22,000 employees do the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.