Hope you’re doing well.
Please find below the Job Description of Principal Devops Engineer position.
Also, Please find the company URL for your reference - https://www.infostretch.com/
Infostretch is a digital engineering services firm headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. Since 2004, we have been helping enterprises get their mobile, digital and IoT initiatives to market faster, more efficiently and with greater flexibility. Our expertise include developing, quality assuring and integrating the latest mobile technologies and connecting them with the enterprise systems. We specialize in Digital Strategy, Digital Development, DevOps, Quality Engineering, Cloud, IoT, Data Analytics and Mobility services. Infostretch has been listed in Forbes America’s most promising companies, ranked among top 15 fastest growing companies in Silicon Valley by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and ranked in the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies
Title: Principal Devops Engineer
As a Principal DevOps Software Engineer, you will actively interface with software developers, product managers, test engineers and administrators on projects d to design and develop the build, release, and deploy toolchain for DevOps while providing on-call support. You should be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure. Responsibilities include capacity planning, high availability engineering, performance tuning, and automation/tools development.
You should have strong leadership skills, experience managing infrastructure through multiple product releases, and have a passion for reliability and security. Work with management to set priorities, track operational metrics. Excellent communication skills and teamwork is a must!
- Design and develop the build, release, and deploy toolchain for DevOps
- Setup, manage and maintain parity across dev, staging and production application environments in cloud infrastructure
- Provide release cadence across multiple environments
- Prototype and develop cloud native architecture solutions for application needs
- Design and implement monitoring infrastructure development
Who You Are
When you join us, you will have meaningful work developing an innovative technology that saves and improves lives around the world. As you collaborate with some of the best in the industry, you will make a huge difference in disease diagnostics! Our team is collaborative and fast-paced. And, we offer a competitive salary with a rich benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Science, Engineering or a related field, and a minimum of 6+ years of experience in Software Reliability Engineering/Systems Engineering/DevOps role is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Strong ability to architect development toolchains and cloud infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Linux systems and internals (Ubuntu preferred)
- Experience in creating software to automate production systems with one of the following languages: python, ruby, java, go, etc. Python/Ruby experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of AWS Cloud infrastructure (EC2, RDS, VPC peering, Route53, S3, Autoscaling) or hybrid environments (OpenStack)
- Experience with container technology including Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with provisioning infrastructure through IAC (preferably Terraform) and cloud automation principles
- Good understanding of networking and related protocols; must have a strong understanding of fundamentals (HTTP, DNS, TLS)
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration (eg: git, jenkins)
- Demonstrate experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve web scale production issues
- Strong experience with configuration management, monitoring and systems tools (ie: Salt, Ansible, Nagios, Graphite, Fluentd, etc.). Ansible is preferred
- Good understanding of Mysql, Postgres databases
- Experience working with cloud-based technologies (CloudFlare CDN, Qualys WAS is highly desirable
- Drive to build robust automated logging, monitoring, and alerting systems with tools such as SumoLogic, CloudWatch, AppDynamics
- Exposure to messaging pub/sub systems (eg: RabbitMQ, Active-MQ, Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
- Troubleshooting critical development systems (Build failures, critical web services)
- Experience with Release Management processes and controls
- Experience with Linux package management tools eg: rpm, deb & fpm etc.
- Exposure to Security technologies related to perimeter security, web application scanning and firewall systems
- Additionally, a working knowledge on one of distributed systems technologies (eg: Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Consul, etc.)
- Familiarity with NoSQL technologies eg: redis, dynamodb
- Experience with sensitive software products such as medical, financial, human safety, high security
Top 3 Skills
Senior Executive - Human Resources