Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 7,700 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past ten years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Technical Solutions Architect to support or Integration Center in Edwardsville, IL. Why should you join the Integration Technology Center team?
WWT's Integration Technology Center teams work in a climate-controlled production environment with advanced networking, secure remote access, and certified procedures specifically designed for staging, kitting and configuring the latest advanced technology solutions. The team consists of certified engineers with logistical and technical expertise to help reduce the risk, cost and complexity of IT deployments. What will you be doing?
A Technical Solutions Architect performs work that crosses the boundaries between systems engineering and script developer, supporting the technical workers who execute the production functions. The architect works with Sales, Business Development, Program Managers and engineering teams to develop and implement automation within our integration center projects. Responsibilities
A Technical Solutions Architect's will have direct contact with customers and vendors to on-board and deliver solutions before transitioning to production operations. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create scripts to deploy images and / or configurations over large-scale operations
- Develop quality assurance validation scripts to support daily production
- Create detailed documentation for all generated scripts, virtualization, and processes
- Working with customers to determine requirements for imaging and related services
- Manage network services that relate to image deployment
- Maintain and troubleshoot code in various languages
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
- Minimum (7) years' experience working in the IT industry
- Strong familiarity with one or more of the following; Microsoft Powershell, Python or VBS. Scripting background/experience should be aimed at automating common CLI driven tasks
- Ability to create and edit batch and bash files
- Experience with multiple imaging formats and deployment solutions including, but not limited to Ghost, Altiris, Acronis, SCCM, MDT, DeployStudio, WDS and Clonezilla with an emphasis on the Windows Image format (WIM's)
- Ability to manipulate images and ISO's and make bootable content on CD's, DVD's, flash drive and network
- Experience with PXE, FTP, TFTP, HTTP, DHCP and DNS servers both Linux and Windows based
- Familiarity with multiple distributions of Windows, Linus, BDS and versions of OSX
- Familiarity with virtual machines such as VMware or Hyper-V
- Expert level familiarity with the command line interface (CLI) for common Cisco router/switch hardware -- e.g., Catalyst, Nexus, ASR, and ISR product lines.
- Experience with network topologies with an emphasis on Ethernet and TCP/IP
- Strong familiarity with network, server, and storage equipment from additional OEM's such as Juniper, Arista, F5, Aruba, HP, Dell, and NetApp.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.