Job Title: : Business Analyst
Location : Little Falls, NJ
Duration : 6-12 months
The Business Analyst works as a liaison between IT and the business area to capture and document processes, business requirements and translate those into software requirement to ensure operational efficacy and excellence within the organization. In addition this position involves testing applications against the business requirements and in many cases managing the project through its life cycle and bringing it to a successful conclusion.
- Responsible to capture and document business requirements and review them with the stakeholders
- Defines Use Cases to articulate user requirements;
- Helps document test scenarios and test scripts;
- Responsible for testing applications against the business requirements;
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment;
- Maintains a close working relationship with business users to ensure their needs are translated into meaningful system changes;
- Developing basic project plans, scope of work, timelines and ensuring projects are delivered to specifications and on-time;
- Managing projects through its life cycle, providing periodic status and obtaining sign-offs;
- Works with business to document business processes;
- Works with IT to document project management processes;
- Supports Scrum Master and fill in when necessary;
- Create end user documentation;
- Builds reports using reporting tools;
- Addresses Customer Information System and reporting related helpdesk requests;
- Train staff on applications and create documentation as needed;
- Abides by ACORD’s code of conduct and all policies and procedures.
Education & Essential Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in similar field preferred;
- Minimum of five year with Business Analysis experience;
- Insurance Industry and Agile Certification preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with detail-oriented accuracy;
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a dynamic and global workplace environment;
- Good understanding of both the technical and business facing sides of Business Analysis;
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior-level management and clients at a senior level;
- Ability to work tight deadlines, manage priorities and take responsibility for delivering to time and quality requirements;
- Ability to contribute in Architecture/Design reviews and gauge impact on Product Features
- Excellent presentation skills and competence in business process and case management tools, e.g. MS Visio;
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Tools especially Word and Excel.
- Experience with project management;
- Experience with report designing;
- Experience in business process modelling, business analysis and preferably software development;
- Experience using JIRA;
- Experience with leading UAT and interacting with global clients;
- Experience in Functional and Product artifacts (User Stories, BRD, FRS, Wireframes, Release Notes, User Manual)
- Product BA experience is a plus.