About Retail Business Services
Retail Business Services, LLC, is the services company of Ahold Delhaize USA, currently providing services to five East Coast grocery brands, including Food Lion, The GIANT Company, Giant Food, Hannaford and Stop & Shop. Retail Business Services leverages the scale of the local brands to drive synergies and provides industry-leading expertise, insights and analytics to local brands to support their strategies with services including Information Technology, Merchandising, Marketing & Sourcing Services, Private Brand Products, Pharmacy Services, Not for Resale, Store Services, Financial Services, Legal Services, Communications, Supply Chain and People Systems and Services. Retail Business Services operates across seven campuses in the Greater Charlotte, Harrisburg, D.C., Portland, Boston and Chicago Areas. For more information, visit www.retailbusinessservices.com. To stay updated with the latest news, follow Retail Business Services on LinkedIn (@Retail-Business-Services) and Twitter (@RBServicesNews).
Title: Business Consultant
Position Location: Salisbury, NC or Greenville, SC or Quincy, MA
Position Summary: Serve as a collaborative partner to either the Brands (e.g. Stop & Shop, Food Lion, Hannaford, Giant Landover, Giant Carlisle) or Business Functions (e.g. Merchandising, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, HR, Retail Ops) domains to facilitate strategy, planning, communication, and value realization. In the case of this specific job role, it would be with liaising with the PDL (Peapod Digital Labs) team (Technology and Business functions). This role will interface highly with Business Relationship Managers, other Business Consultants, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Finance, and Solution Development. In collaboration with these teams, the Business Consultant (BC) will identify process and technology solutions in key strategic business initiatives and support creating the portfolio of approved projects (i.e. the road map). The BCs are responsible for understanding the business, assisting in the prioritization of project and ensuring that projects align with the technology that provides maximum return on investment and value. Additional responsibilities include facilitating the processes around project prioritization, funding, initiation and preparation.
The BC role builds a true partnership between IT and the Brand or Business Function it supports. This role understands the Brand and/or Business Function it serves, specifically its strategic direction, underlying processes, required outcomes and corresponding pain points.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business improvement planning
Participates in the development of the IT roadmap by judging the appropriateness of new IT strategy, developments, applications and processes and advising the business and IT on potential improvement opportunities
• Builds relationships to become trusted advisor, based on Business-IT knowledge and competence.
• Identifies and captures short, medium and long term business goals and opportunities utilizing business and technology best practices.
• Aligns scope and timelines of the proposed IT projects with the Business and other IT functions
2. Business improvement plan execution
Launch and deliver initiatives in the agreed business improvement plan, in order to achieve the business benefits in line with the business and IT strategy.
• Identifies, understands and prioritizes business needs.
• Develops rational for change and supports setting of priorities (clarifies benefits case, identifies business success criteria).
• Identifies and understands change impact and risk. Propose actions to mitigate risks.
• Develops and obtains approval for investment proposals in conjunction with business and other IT functions.
• Manages business expectations on which business and IT will deliver together.
• Tracks how benefits are achieved and how they evolve over the life cycle of programs and projects.
• Communicates the benefits realization of completed projects to business and IT stakeholders
3. Business requirements management
Work with the business and with IT to translate the business' needs into detailed IT requirements.
• Ensures business requirements are translated into functionality of existing or new IT systems in conjunction with the IT Architecture teams.
• Assists the business in judging how the business would be able to adjust to functionality in IT-systems not meeting the original requirements.
• Assists the business in judging how additional features in IT-systems can be used to further improve the business.
4. Continuous improvement
Contribute to improving the IT organization by attaining and applying knowledge of the business domain, the current and future IT landscape, as well as the skills and competences needed to attain and apply this knowledge.
• Acquires, documents and shares relevant knowledge of business processes and business requirements to match with IT solutions and vice versa.
• Develops and maintains ways of working, a toolkit, for a business consultant, to be used for accomplishing results. (E.g. Workshop facilitation, business process management, business cases)
#Dicejob Requirements Basic Qualifications:
Relevant Bachelor/master's degree (e.g. Business Administration, IT Management)
5-7 years of relevant experience
Skills and Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication
Superior analytical skills
Ability to partner and develop relationships
Ability to travel (occasionally)