Security Clearance: Active SECRET clearance required
The Business Development and Capture Manager will direct and manage business capture activities, to achieve budget and growth expectations for the division.
This position will be a core team member in delivering our stratospheric lighter than air platform solutions to our Federal defense and security customers.
• Target Market Expertise in Department of Defense/Operations for C5ISR.
• Develop plans for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
• Strategize on win themes aligned with customer’s critical needs
• Coordinate meetings with customers, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews
• Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts.
• Lead the development and submission of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
• Apply capture planning processes and best practices consistently
• Brief capture status to senior management when appropriate
• Support other business development activities as assigned
• Conduct after-action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
• Mentor other capture managers and rotational program staff in the capture management process
• Developing capture budgets and execute capture plans within those approved budgets
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 7 years related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in supporting military customers and delivering technical solutions to the government
• Understanding of U.S. Government procurement and the acquisition process
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
• A proven track record of successful capture management across Department of Defense (DoD) markets across multiple organizations and program offices in the Advancing National Security-Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
• Experience leading teams in a virtual environment; ability to work through others, and get results from teams that do not report directly to you
• Technical writing and proposal development experience
• An ability to relate concepts and plans to their financial outcomes and clearly demonstrate an understanding of corporate indirect rates and LOE/BOE development
• Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
• Willingness to travel and support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.