M9 Solutions is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to work remotely on a government contract located in Ashburn, VA. Candidates must have the ability to pass a Minimum Background Investigation or have an Active Top-Secret Clearance. ship required for this position.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum (5-7) years’ experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
- Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories.
- Experience conducting backlog refinement sessions with stakeholders to gather pertinent information.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodologies and estimating techniques.
- Experience analyzing data and data relationships across an organization’s business areas.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Developing business processes, capability needs, business requirements, and business information models.
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certified Product Owner
- Software development background
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Serve as an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications.
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Develop product roadmaps and participate in Integrated Release Planning
- Review and evaluate work done by the development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead the demonstrations to stakeholder and report on the results of each software iteration.
M9 Solutions is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our moral and legal obligation to meet the responsibility of ensuring all management practices regarding employees are conducted in a nondiscriminatory manner. It is the policy and practice of this Company to prohibit any form of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, age, national origin, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law . This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, lay-off and termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All decisions regarding conditions of employment will be based on applicable law, including the individual’s overall qualifications and his/her ability to meet the requirements of the position. To request reasonable accommodation or to view the Affirmative Action Plan, contact M9 Solutions HR Department: