DATA ENGINEER (IND-21-1529-W):
Bowhead seeks a Data Engineer to support the INDOPACOM JIOC, conducting strategic topic research and analysis for new intelligence requirements located in Honolulu, HI.
Specific needs are identified for support in collaborative intelligence planning, collection strategy development. Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR ) mission management, foreign disclosure support. Counterintelligence (Cl ). Human Intelligence (HUMINT). collection operations management, exploitation, and innovative R&D, and Cyber Forensics.
Responsibilities may include:
• Conduct data analytics, data engineering, data mining, exploratory analysis, predictive analysis, and statistical analysis, and uses scientific techniques to correlate data into graphical, written, visual and verbal narrative products, enabling more informed analytic decisions.
• Proactively retrieve information from various sources, analyzes it for better understanding about the data set and builds Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that automate certain processes. Duties typically include: creating various Machine Learning (ML)-based tools or processes, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems.
• Perform statistical analysis, applies data mining techniques, and builds high quality prediction systems.
• Design how data will be stored, accessed, used, integrated, and managed by different data regimes and digital systems.
• Work with data users to determine, create, and populate optimal data architectures, structures, and systems.
• Plan, design, and optimize data throughput and query performance.
• Participate in the selection of backend database technologies (e.g. SQL. NoSQL. UPC. etc.), their configuration and utilization, and the optimization of the full data pipeline infrastructure to support the actual content, volume. ETL. and periodicity of data to support the intended kinds of queries and analysis to match expected responsiveness.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire.
• Master's degree in a related field is highly preferred; Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
• Experience with databases/applications/operating systems including: MySQL, Access, Oracle, SQL Server. MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Eclipse, SharePoint, Windows, Azure (cloud)
• Familiar with formats/medium/tools including but not limited to: Blitz, Cognos, Kibana, JEMA, SENTIENT, MIST, MOVINT, SOCET GXP, DotMatrix, Google Earth, SNAPGLASS or related tool.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently have and be able to maintain a clearance at the Top Secret level with SCI eligibility. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to apply:
#LI-KC1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)