A well-known, growing Education Technology company is looking to bring a Sr. Java Backend Engineer onto their team for a 6-12 month contract role with the possibility for extension or conversion. This company is one of the online leaders in providing an education platform to students looking to save increase their education experience while saving time and money. As a Sr. Java Engineer, you will be building out their backend platform, implementing new tools, work on important, new development projects for this team and company as they continue to grow and scale with the increase in online, remote learning.
Location: Boston, MA Required Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with Java coding
- Working with Spring Boot frameworks
- Expertise in messaging tools (Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.)
- Experience working with SQL or other MySQL database tools
- Experience working within AWS environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Microservices experience
- Experience designing and building out backend architectures
What You Will Be Doing
- Java Coding 75%
- New tool implementation: 25%
You will receive the following benefits:
- Flex Hours
- Accrued Sick Pay
- Health Care and Health Savings Account
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.