CYBER SECURITY ANALYST - TACTICS DEVELOPMENT (JBSA-21-0348-W):
Bowhead seeks a Cyber Security Analyst - Tactics Development to support the AFCERT DCO HAC contract in San Antonio, TX.
The ability of the AFCERT to complete its mission is dependent upon the ability of the Commander's Weapons & Tactics (DOK) flight to serve as the central point of contact (POC) within the Squadron for all Tactics development and documentation that are related to the AFCERT ACD weapon system for mission execution. Tactics Development staff efforts will be performed on-site in the Commander's DOK flight during core duty hours. The contractor employees may be required to adjust duty hours to accommodate performing assessments for personnel outside core hours. Shall ensure all personnel performing assessments are certified for the function they are evaluating.
• Ensure all Tactics Development contractor employees are qualified instructors, certified for performing the MR functions.
• Ensure all contractor employees are certified and proficient; working their respective crew position (MR/SMQ) as defined by the current Squadron Director of Operations - Training OI 36-2201.
• Develop and document new Tactic Improvement Proposals (TIPs), and Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) for DCO operations. (A008)
• Write, update, and maintain various tactics related courseware, handouts, publications, briefings and guides.
• Analyze ACD weapons systems to identify operational deficiencies.
• Assist in planning and executing the Weapons and Tactics Conference and Tactics.
• Support the integration of new equipment into daily operations and exercises by creating new TTPs for DCO functions.
• Update Air Force Tactics Techniques and Procedures (AFTTP) 3-1/3 series publications for ACD and DCO-related weapons systems as needed.
• Create and develop Concept of Operations and Concept or Employment for material solutions or identified operational requirements.
• Identify and recognizing weaknesses in TTPs and equipment.
• Document all new TIPs/TTPs on the appropriate weapons and tactics forms.
• Analyze Tactics Improvement Proposals and recommend command-level actions/solutions and coordinating staff actions to achieve stated solutions.
• Support the identification of deficiencies in training, equipment, support or tactics which preclude optimum mission accomplishment.
• Document deficiencies via approved reporting procedures and tracked by the COR in the AFCERT database.
• Maintain the unit's tactics library.
• Ensure appropriate tactics related study materials are available for unit personnel.
• Participate in Operations Review Panels/Boards (ORP/ORB) to aid in root cause analysis.
• Operate a Range Scheduling Program with a basic understanding of DoD/U.S. Cyber Ranges/requirements supporting Cyber Weapon Systems.
• Provide meeting minutes within 2 duty days of the ORP/ORB conclusion.
• Provide OJT to other contractor employees, military, and/or civilian personnel, and ensure continuity folders/working aids are updated at least once per quarter in order to ensure efficient transition when personnel rotate.
• Create and document metrics for reporting and analysis to improve weapon system processes and mission execution.
• Maintain currency on latest TTPs, trends and provide operational reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures.
• Support and/or augment WEP/TAC conference(s) & exercise support TDY with five (5) day notice. Weapons and Tactics personnel will travel to support the WEP/TAC conferences and exercise support actions.
Bowhead seeks to network with qualified individuals relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Please click the link at the bottom of this posting to apply for consideration. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. All job offers in connection with a covered contract may be contingent upon providing proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date.
• Extensive knowledge in programming (Python, PowerShell).
• Intermediate knowledge with one or more of the IDS/IPS systems currently in use by the Department of Defense (DoD), Services, and Agencies (i.e., Air Force, Navy, Army, DC3, DISA) or Federal Government
• Intermediate knowledge of network firewalls, computer and server log analysis, computer network servers (DNS, proxy, e-mail, domain controller, file server, Active Directory) and analysis of their logs; knowledge and experience with network packet capture and analysis software such as WireShark (Ethereal) and Snort; experience with standard DoD network topology and DMZ boundary protection; experience with system analysis software (i.e. EnCase/EnCase Enterprise or FTK), software coding and debugging, and the virtual machine (VM) environment.
• Extensive knowledge of MITRE ATT&CK framework, and its uses within the cybersecurity community (e.g., Open Source projects)
• BA/BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree preferred
• Must be able to travel on short notice
• IAT Level III CND compliance.
• GCFA or GCFE.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Top Secret/SCI level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Top Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-JR1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)